AMU Result 2020 Merit List, Cut Off Marks For UG/PG Courses
AMU Result 2020 will be announced in the month of June & July 2020. Aligarh Muslim University conducts entrance exams for various degree courses. Every year lakhs of candidates appeared in AMU entrance exams. After completion of entrance exams for all courses, AMU will announce results in the month of June and July. All candidates will be able to check their entrance exam result from this page.
Aligarh Muslim University is one of the premier central universities of India. Situated in Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh it was established as Muhammadan Anglo-Oriental College in 1975 by Sir Syed Ahmed Khan. In the year 1920, it became a Central University through an Act of Parliament, that was named as Aligarh Muslim University. It is commonly known as AMU.
University has 13 faculties, 7 constituent colleges, 3 institutes, 15 centers, and 10 schools. Each faculty has seven departments. University offers various postgraduate and undergraduate programs in various areas like arts, commerce, law, science, technology etc. Apart from regular courses university also offers distant education courses. The university is open to all irrespective of religion, caste, creed, ethical background etc.
Aligarh Muslim University AMU Result 2020
The main campus of the University is spread in an area of 1155 acres and is a fully residential university. It has open two new off-campus study centers outside Aligarh at Murshidabad, West Bengal and Malappuram at Kerala. University has more than 28000 students and around 1342 academic staff on the roll. The medium of instruction of the university is primarily English.
Since its inception university is doing well and touching heights in the field of education either secondary, senior secondary or higher education. Internationally, AMU has been ranked in the band of 801-1000 in the world, 161-170 in BRICS and 238 in Asia by the QS World University Rankings for the year 2018. In India context, AMU was ranked 17th in overall category and 10th among universities in India.
Some of the notable alumni of AMU include Zakhir Husain, Hamid Ansari, Zafar Iqbal, AnwaraTaimur, Dhyan Chand, Mufti Mohammad Sayeed, Lala Amarnath, Sheikh Abdullah etc.
Here, we have gathered all the necessary details related to the Aligarh Muslim University results for you. Go through the article and get the important details.
An overview of Aligarh Muslim University
Upcoming AMU Results 2020
Aligarh Muslim University colleges
AMU has total seven constituent colleges among which 5 are academic program colleges. Here are the names of all the colleges-
- Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College
- Women’s College
- Zakhir Hussain Engineering College
- Dr. Z.A Dental College
- Academic Staff College
- Ajmal Tibbiya College
- Community College
University has following 12 faculties-
- Faculty of Arts
- Agricultural Sciences
- Engineering and Technology
- Life Sciences
- Management Studies & Research
- Social Science
- Unani Medicine
Aligarh Muslim University Admission Procedure
Admissions in the university are based on the entrance exams conducted by the university for various exams. The entrance exams are generally conducted in the month of April and May each year. The medium of entrance test in English. The selection of the student depends upon the performance of the candidates in the entrance test, group discussion, interview, counseling procedure.
Also Check: AMU School Admission Admit Card 2020
AMU Exams and Results
University follows a semester system and has a Choice Based Credit System for various undergraduate and postgraduate programs. All the university exams are conducted on the basis of the semesters.
The complete information about AMU university exams and results is shared below-
Aligarh Muslim University Exams
AMU conducts exams for school-level exams and Higher education programs on separate dates. The students from all the programs are required to fill the examination forms to be eligible for appearing in the university exam. The application forms are made available at the exam portal of the university.
The exams for different undergraduate and postgraduate programs are conducted in the month of November every year. B.E/B. Tech exams are conducted in July.
Aligarh Muslim University Results
- AMU result for the entrance test is released separately for all the programs depending on the date of the commencement of the exam. AMU Result is generally declared in May or June.
- The university exam result dates are announced on the specified dates.
- Students can check their result on the official website as no other mode is applicable.
- The following information is mentioned on the result- Name of the student, roll number, photograph(optional), enrolment number, course, year, credit, semester, subject-wise marks, result
- After the declaration of the results, students can also apply for the supplementary exam and re-evaluation of the answer sheets if the student is not satisfied with the result. Students are advised to stay in touch with the official website in order to get updates about the supplementary exam.
- Once the result is declared students have to collect their mark sheets and other certificates from the university at the end of the session.
- To get the updates about the exam and result declaration dates, students must visit the official examination portal of the university regularly.
- In case of any discrepancy in the result and other issues related to the result, students must contact the university authority for immediate redressal of the problem. The contact details are shared at the end of the article.
How to check AMU Result 2020?
To check the result online, students have to follow the given procedure-
- Firstly, students have to visit the official website of the university(mentioned above).
- Now they have to click on the “Admissions and exams” tab.
- The controller of examination portal will appear on the screen.
- Select the relevant result link.
- Enter all the required login credentials like hall ticket number, roll number, registration number, password, date of birth etc.
- Finally, students can see their result on the screen
- Lastly, they can download and take a printout of the result for reference in future.