AMU School Admissions 2020-21 (Last Date Extended): Aligarh Muslim University school Apply
AMU School admission 2020 (Aligarh Muslim University school) for the academic session 2020-21 submitting an online application with late fees is on
8th January 2020 22nd Jan 2020 (Date extended) for class I, VI and IX . AMU school admission forms for interested candidates and their parents can fill the online application form through the process told below.
AMU School Admissions 2020-21
AMU application forms for admission of students in class I, VI and IX are released, Direct link provided below. Application forms for AMU admission issued in month of December and last date to apply is
8th January 202022nd Jan 2020 (Date extended)with late fee. All the applicants have to go through an entrance exam and an interview in order to get admission to AMU schools.
Readers can through the article to get vital information about AMU school admissions. It is a detailed article on AMU admission 2020 that includes all the details from the release of application to selection of candidate.
AMU Schools Admission- A Brief detail
AMU Schools- About
AMU Schools are maintained by one of the renowned universities of India called Aligarh Muslim University. Along with offering higher education programs, the university is into running various schools in the state of Uttar Pradesh.
There are nine schools separate for boys and girls running under the administrative control of AMU. Apart from these schools, it also has a school for visually challenged students. Admissions to the schools are mainly done through a national level entrance test conducted every year.
For more details about AMU, schools visit the official website of AMU orcheck school Guide Pdf of AMU school-
AMU Schools in Delhi
The list of all these schools that are managed by the AMU is as follows-
- STS School (Minto Circle)
- AMU City School
- AMU City Girls High School
- Abdullah School
- AMU Girls’ School
- Ahmadi School for Visually Challenged
- AMU ABK High School
- Sayyid Hamid Senior Secondary School (Boys)
- Senior Secondary School (Girls).
AMU School Admission Important Dates 2020
AMU School Admission- Application/Registration Form
- The application form will be filled only through the online mode i.e. directly from the official website. No other mode is applicable.
- Applicants are required to fill all the details correctly in the application form. They must be ready with all the documents before filling the application form.
- Applicants must read all the instructions mentioned in the school guide carefully before filling the online application.
Also Read Other Top School Admission Articles-HSCAP Kerala Plus One Admission
How to fill AMU school application form?
Candidates have to submit an application form directly through online mode. They can follow the steps given below to check the result-
- Registration- The first step is to register as a new user. For this, candidates have to visit www.amucontrollerexams.com. They have to click on new user and have to provide a valid email ID and other required details. After successfully submitting the details candidates will receive a registration no. and a password on their registered email IDs. This registration ID and password must be kept safe throughout the admission procedure as it is required in further steps.
- Signing in to a registered account – Now candidates have to login by using the registration no. and password.
- Updating Profile of the Candidate – After login, applicants are required to update the profile. For this, they have to enter information such as username, candidate’s name, mobile no., parent’s name etc. in the provided field. Candidate must be careful while filling all these details and must review details before confirmation.
- Uploading Photo, Signature & Thumb Impression – After updating profile applicants have to upload scanned photograph, signature and thumb impression of the candidate in the prescribed format.
- Uploading Documents – If candidates have claimed for the special category they also have to upload the supporting documents again in the prescribed format.
- Applying for class and payment of a fee – After successful uploading of all the documents, candidates have to fill details for respective class. Candidates have to fill preferences and choices for class, school, medium of instructions etc. They also have to make payment of the test fee through any of the online payment methods.
- Save and Print PDF – After the successful payment of test fee, PDF of application form will be generated. Take a printout of the same and keep it safe for references in future.
AMU Admission Application fee 2020
The class-wise application fee for all the candidates is as follows-
- Application fee/Processing fee for class I is Rs.400/-, for class II is 450/- and for class IX it is Rs.500/-.
- Application fee can only be paid through the online mode (Net Banking/Debit Card/Credit Card).
- Physically challenged candidates (40% disability) are exempted from the application fee provided they have to produce relevant certificates and documents in support of the claim.
- The application fee is non-refundable.
AMU Schools 2020 Admission Eligibility
Before filling the application form, all the candidates are advised to read the eligibility criteria properly. Only those candidates should apply who fulfills the eligibility criteria.
The eligibility requirement for admission to all the classes (i.e. I, VI & IX) is as follows-
- All Indian nationals, Foreign nationals, and children of Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) are eligible for admission to AMU schools.
- Candidate must be aged between 5 to 7 years as on 31st March 2020.
- Candidate must be of age between 10 to 12 years as on 31st March 2020.
- Candidates must have qualified class V from a recognized board. They have to provide Class-V mark sheet for verification.
- Candidate must be of age between 13 to 15 years as on 31st March 2020.
- Candidates must have qualified class VII from a recognized School board. They have to provide Class-VII mark sheets for verification.
AMU Schools Selection Procedure 2020
AMU school procedure comprises of two rounds viz. Written examination and the Interview.
- Written test
After the scrutiny of application, selected candidates will be called for written examination. Candidates of class I, VI and IX have to appear in the national level entrance exam conducted by Aligarh Muslim University. The written test is an OMR-based exam and will be of total 85 marks.
Candidates shall be invited for interview round on the basis of their performance in the written test. The interview will be of total 15 marks. Those who obtain minimum 40% in the interview become essentially eligible for selection.
AMU Schools Entrance Exam 2020
To get admission to AMU school candidates have to go through a national level entrance test. However, Foreign nationals/children of NRIs and physically challenged candidates are exempted from entrance exam.
Check details of entrance exam for all the three classes below-
Exam Pattern for Class I
- Mode of the exam- Offline (OMR-based)
- Total questions- 25 questions
- Question type- objective type/ subjective type questions
- Subjects – English, Urdu, Arithmetic, GK
- Duration- 2 hours
- Qualifying marks- 10%
- Negative marks- No
Exam Pattern for Class VI and IX
- Mode of the exam- Offline (OMR-based)
- Total questions- 85 questions
- Question type- objective type (MCQ)
- Section- Section I (comprise of 25 questions for Languages) and Section II (comprises of 60 questions in Mathematics and Science)
- Subjects – languages (English, Urdu, and Hindi), Mathematics, Science
- Duration- 2 hours
- Qualifying marks- 40% in section I
- Negative marks- No
- Syllabus- based on CBSE/NCERT syllabus of class V for class VI and class VIII for class IX
AMU entrance test Admit Card 2020
Admit cards will be made available on the official website one week before the commencement of exam. It will be issued only to the registered candidates after the scrutiny of the application form.
Candidates can download admit card from AMU official website. All the candidates have to take a printout of it and have to carry it to the exam venue on the day of the exam.
Application for Ahmadi School for the Visually Challenged AMU School
Ahmadi School for the Visually Challenged is the only school of AMU that provides education to the visually challenged students. No entrance interview is conducted for this school. For admission to this school candidates/parents/guardians have to fill a separate form.
The application form is available on the official website. Candidates have to download the application form and have to fill all the required information in it.
AMU School online application form – Apply Here
Removal of Name
The name of the student shall be struck off the rolls of the school if a candidate-
- Does not rejoin the respective school within three days of commencement of academic session in the school.
- Remain absent continuously without leave for ten working days.
- Fails to deposit School fee and other dues as per the notified schedule/date.
- Fails to follow the prescribed rules in the school from time to time.
- Is found to have forged information and credentials.
- Remains in the same class for more than two academic years.
AMU Schools Admission Required Documents
Candidates filling application for admission have to be ready with all the required documents. They have to produce all the necessary documents and supporting certificate at the time of admission for verification.
The list of documents that are required to be produced at the time of admission is as follows-
- Original Marks Sheet of Class V / VIII (for Admission to Class VI / IX as the case may be) passed from a recognized Board/ School
- Three passports sized photographs of the candidate (Front View)
- Three photographs of the candidate along with his/her parents/guardian
- Date of Birth Certificate in Original issued from the Municipal corporation / / school last attended/ competent authority/copy of passport (As the case may be)
- Transfer certificate in Original, issued from the School last attended by the candidate (Countersigned by a Competent Authority, if applicable after the completion of Admission process.
- Two Self -Addressed Envelops with postal stamp of Rs.40/-
AMU schools Admission- Some important instructions
- Application forms are currently available on the website and interested candidates can fill the same before the last date.
- Application forms will be submitted only through online mode. There is no need to submit the print out of the application fee.
- Application forms must be filled before the last date. After the last date, registration and application window will be closed.
- Incomplete application forms, or late applications, forms without test fee will be rejected.
- Single registration can be used by the candidates to apply under both General Category and Children of NRI category.
For any kind of help and issue regarding AMU admissions for the year 2020, candidates can contact the responsible authority. Contact details are given below-
We are here for you; we tried explaining every important thing student/parent should know in order to get admission in AMU school. Aligarh Muslim University School is one of top school in India and many students aspire to get admission in it.
So if you have any query/doubt then you can ask us in the comment section below and we will respond to you question in the fast possible time.
We wish all the aspirant best of luck for AMU admission 2020!