GBPUAT 2020 Admission Application Form Online Exam Date Notification
GBPUAT 2020 Admission: Govind Ballabh Pant University of Agriculture & Technology is a reputed university that offers various UG and PG courses. This university can be your destination for higher studies. GB Pant University is the first university that was established for the students who want to enroll in professional agriculture courses. In this post, we have compiled the information about the admission and courses offered by GBPUAT University.
About Govind Ballabh Pant University
Govind Ballabh Pant University of Agriculture & Technology was established in 1960 by Pt. Jawahar Lal Nehru. The University is the first of its type which offers various UG, PG, and Ph. D courses on agriculture. Not all the programs at the university are based on agriculture. Here students can get admission to UG and PG courses related to other fields as well like Science, Computer Science, Fisheries Science, and others. GBP University is established at Udham Singh Nagar, Pantnagar, in Uttarakhand.
The university was established at that time when the country was reforming and the main motive of the government to encourage the agriculture practice in the country. The university is approved by an act of the State Legislature of Uttar Pradesh. The university offers admission to the students based on the merit list and the entrance exam both. Read on to get more information about the admission procedure to enroll in the university but before that have look at the courses offered by the university.
Courses Offered GBPUAT
The Govind Ballabh Pant University of Agriculture & Technology provides the higher education the interested and eligible students in specialization in different subjects. Here we have given the information about the courses that the university has. If you are interested to apply to get admission on any of the following courses then further you will get the information about the admission process too.
For Ph. D:
The university offers Ph. D courses in various subjects. Here the below-given table contains all the information related to Ph. D specialization;
GBUPAT 2020 Admission Procedure
The university follows a different procedure to offer admission to the students in different courses. Here is the detail associated with the admission procedure in the university;
- To get admission to UG courses offered by the university only the native candidates of Uttarakhand can apply.
- To get admission to B. Tech the student will have to take the JEE exam and based on the marks scored in the exam the candidate will get admission.
- In the rest of the courses, the students will get admission based on their marks in 10+2. Admission will be purely merit-based in UG courses.
- Candidates from reserved categories (OBC/SC/ST) will get the benefit of relaxation of 2.5% marks for admission in B.V.Sc. & A.H program.
- Admission in a few masters courses like Master’s degree in Molecular Biology and Biotechnology program the applicants need to go through to the entrance test conducted by JNU Delhi.
- Admission in the MBA program will be granted based on the candidates’ marks scored in the CAT exam of that year.
- For admission in MCA, the student will have to appear in the entrance test conducted by Delhi University and based on the marks he will get admission.
- The selection procedure for master may vary according to the curse name. in general courses, students get admission on merit basis only.
How To Get Admission in GBPUAT?
To get admission to the university the interested students will have to check their eligibility first. If they fulfill all the requirement then here if the procedure to apply for admission in the university;
The university will release the notification of the admission online of its website.
On a particular date, the university will release the application form online on its website. The university generally releases the application form in April- May months. To apply for the admission the candidates will have to download the application form and take its print outs. After filling the print out it has to be sent to the university. The address of the university has been given at the bottom of this section.
Address of G.B. Pant University of Agriculture & Technology, PantnagarG.B. Pant University of Agriculture & Technology, Pantnagar-263145 (U.S Nagar), Uttarakhand, Phone: 05944-23884
The Application Fee to apply for GBPUAT is as follows;
- For General/ OBC Rs. 1200/-
- For SC/ ST/ PH Rs. 300/-
The fee can be submitted online through Debit Card/Credit Card or net banking.
Documents Required to Apply For GBUPAT 2020
Along with the Application form the candidates will have to submit the following documents;
- Print out of application form
- A copy of online fee receipt
- self-attested copy of category certificate for candidates from reserved category
- self-attested copy of certificate/mark sheet qualifying examination
- Self-attested copy of High School Certificate and Mark sheet of the qualifying examination.
- Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination will have to send their mark sheet of the previous year.
GBPUAT Admission 2020 Admit Card
For those courses who will get an offer based on the entrance exam, the university will release the admit card. The admit card will be available online on the official website of the university. No student will be allowed in the exam center if they fail to show theirs admit card.
GBPUAT Admission 2020 Result
Students will get to know about the separate result of the entrance exam in the dame month (usually). Candidates who have taken the exam can check their result on the website with the help of their enrollment number. the university will also release the merit list and the cut off marks for every entrance exam conducted to get admission in the university.
GBPUAT Admission 2020 Counselling
All the candidates who will clear the exam will be called for the counseling process. Students will have to bring their educational and personal information related documents for counseling. The date of the counseling will be released online on the official website of the university.
Official Website: www.gbpuat.ac.in
The entrance exams are mostly conducted in the university premises only. CAT and other exams conducted by other authorities will be arranged at different test centers.
The application form will be released in April or May 2020 for admission to UG courses.
For different courses, the application procedure will be different. For UG courses mostly it is based on the merit list.