IMO Result 2019-2020 (Available Soon) Class, 1 to 12 (Level 2): SOF IMO Result
SOF IMO Level 2 result 2020: Science Olympiad Foundation (SOF) has conducted level 1 of IMO (International Mathematics Olympiad) on Dec 5 and 17 in 2019 and now they have declared IMO result 2020 of the candidates who had participated in level-1 Examination. The authority is now all set to declare the result for the Level-2 examination. Please refer to the article to have complete information regarding the IMO Result 2019-2020.
The candidates shortlisted for the level-2 examination which was held on 09-Feb-2020, are eagerly waiting for the result. check the latest update below to know the information regarding the Level-2 Examination Result.
Latest Update 1-: The tentative dates for the release of Level 2 Examination result is in the month of April 2020. We will notify you as the result are published officially.Update 2: SOF IMO result Declared on 15th January 2020. Check the direct link to download the result below.
The IMO 2020 answer key for level 1 has already released by the SOF so we can expect the curiosity of the candidates. The IMO Level 1 result will be published on the official website of the SOF and those candidates who secure a higher rank in level 1 will be shortlisted for level 2 whose examination is scheduled to be on 9th Feb 2020
The 25 ranks holders of each class and each Olympiad exam will be awarded by the Medals of distinction and this will be applicable for first level Olympiads.
IMO Result 2020
SOF IMO Level 2 (selection criteria)
- The level 2 of IMO will be conducted for the candidates of class 3 to 12
- The top 5% of the candidates, class-wise, who took part in level 1 of the exam will be selected for level 2
- If in case of a tie of marks weightage to marks in a different section will be given.
- For level 2 top 25 rank holder classes wise and zone wise will be selected
- Class topper where at least ten students have participated in level 1 and score 50% marks in the qualifying marks.
- The second level of examination will be held for English, Science and Mathematics Olympiads
IMO level 1 tie-breaker
If any of the two candidates had secure same marks then weightage will be given to sections wise and the ranking of such students will be provided as under.
- Higher marks in achiever section
- Highest in mathematical reasoning
- Highest marks in everyday mathematic
- Highest marks in logical reasoning
Criteria for Ranking (single-level Olympiad)
For SOF IMO exams the ranks will be accorded by the criteria given below: –
- The marks obtained by the students in the examination
- If in case two or more students secure the same number of marks then the ranks will be determined on the grounds of marks secured in sections accorded given priority
- In case of a tie marks, the marks secure by a student in a previous class may also be considered to determine their rank
- But in case two or more students having same marks under both the criteria mention above then the same rank will be awarded
- In case of any confusion, the decision of the academic council will be a final and binding and telephonic round of question may be conducted determine ranks
Steps to check the result of IMO level 2 2019-2020
All candidates who had participated in the SOF IMO examination must follow the steps given below to obtain IMO result easily
- First, all candidates need to visit the official website of the SOF which is
- Now on the home page, a link will be running of IMO Level 2 result
- Click on it OR you may also select the result section on the home page
- On click, you will be redirected to a new page
- Now select the Olympiad first then enter your roll number and enter the captcha code in it
- On pressing view the result your result will appear to your screen
- Check the details and status of the result if
- If you have successfully qualified for the level 2 then must take a print out of it for future reference
SOF IMO 2019-2020 level 1 Result links
Details mentioned in the IMO result
On downloading the IMO level 1 result there are few details which are present in it like:
- Student name
- Name of the school
- Roll number
- Marks obtained by the student
- The rank of the student (international)
- International award won
- State/ zone rank
- Zone/state rank
- School award won
- Parent’s name
IMO Cutoff 2020
SPR (Student Performance Report)
- Each student who had participated in the IMO level 1 examination is provided with an SPR.
- The SPR is a detailed analysis of student’s performance in level 1 of the examination
- The main objective of SPR is to share his/her analysis with the student and his/ her parents.
- From this, a student can understand his/ her strengths and the areas where he/she needs to improve.
The SPR consists of six sections:
- Section A: – it provides the student’s marks and ranks achieved in school/ City/zone at the international level
- Section B: – it provides a student performance section-wise
- Section C: – it provides the answer to the question asked in the Olympiad and the answer marked by the student and comparison of performance with other students in the zone and at the international level.
- Section D: – it provides a comparison in the percentage of a student with the class, city, zone and international level
- Section E: – it provides a comparison of average marks analysis at the school, city, zone and at the international level
- Section F: – it provides a comparison of student’s performance in the Olympiad during the past 9 years
Criteria of ranking in the second level of Olympiad examination
In level 2 of examination rank will be awarded by the criteria given below: –
- If in case two or more students have the same marks then the ranks will be accorded by:
- Marks scored in sections in level two exams will be given priority
- The total marks scored by the student in level 1 examination
- The marks secured by the students in a section of the level 1 exam will be given priority
- But in cases two or more students same marks by applying the above criteria then they will be awarded the same ranking
There are a total of 21 zones from which the students are participating and below we have given the list of each zone from which the SOF will determine:
The zone topper who qualifies for second-level exams and they will be awarded for performance in their 2nd level exams according to their zones.
North Zone: –
- Delhi Uttar Pradesh/ Uttarakhand
- Punjab/ Chandigarh
- Himachal Pradesh/ Jammu & Kashmir/ Ladakh
East zone: –
- West Bengal/ Andaman & Nicobar
- North-East (Assam/ Arunachal Pradesh/ Tripura/ Sikkim/ Meghalaya/ Mizoram/ Manipur/ Nagaland)
West zone: –
- Maharashtra/ Goa
- Gujarat/ Daman & Diu/ Dadra & Nagar Haveli
- Madhya Pradesh
South Zone: –
- Andhra Pradesh/ Telangana
- Tamil Nadu/ Puducherry
International Zone: –
- All countries other than India
IMO Awards and Scholarship
The result has been declared for the level-1 examination. Please go through the article to know the status of the result.
The tentative dates for the declaration of Level-2 result are in the month of April 2020.
Please go through the article, as we have provided steps to check the result.