Indian Navy Tradesman Recruitment 2020: Online form and how to apply
Indian Navy Tradesman Recruitment 2020: Just like every year Indian Navy in the month of March 2020 (tentatively) is going to release a notification for the recruitment of suitable candidates for the post of Indian Navy Tradesman Mate. Once, the Indian Navy will release the notification soon after they will open the gates of online registration for the applicants. Interested candidates must apply for it through the official website or from the link given below. Candidates can only apply through the online mode only because the Indian Navy Tradesman Recruitment application submitted through any other mode will not be accepted under any circumstance.
The selected candidates have to serve under the naval unit of the respective command and they can be posted anywhere in India.
Indian Navy Tradesman Mate- Job Profile/ Nature of Duties
- Working in production /maintenance of Shop/Ship/Submarine.
- Opening and closing duties
- Photocopying, sending/receiving of FAX, letters etc.
- Carrying of files and other papers within the Office area.
- Other non-clerical work in the Sections/Unit.
- Assisting in routine office work like diary, dispatch etc. including on computer.
- Delivering of Dak (inside & outside the Section/Unit)
- Cleaning of building, fixture etc.
- Watch & ward duties.
- Dusting of furniture etc.,
- General cleanliness & upkeep of the Section/Unit.
- Upkeeps of lawns, parks, potted, plants etc.
- Any other work assigned by higher authority
The notification for the tradesman mate 2020 is yet to be released so we can’t say how much vacancy they are going to recruit this year.
While, in the previous year (2019) the Indian navy has recruited a total of 554 candidates, whose Command-wise and category-wise distribution of all the 554 posts are shared in the table given below-
Candidates must keep the given points in mind before and during application-
- As per the recruitment notification, only online application will be accepted.
- Candidates must apply before the closing date of online registration.
- Candidates must ensure that they do not commit any mistake in filling application form. Indian Navy will not take any responsibility of incorrect forms.
- Applicants should not submit multiple application for same post.
- There is no need to send a copy of application form or document the office of Indian Navy.
Pre-requisites of applications-
- Candidates must have a valid and active mobile no. and an email ID.
- Scanned image of passport size photograph in the format prescribed by the Navy.
- Scanned copy of candidate’s signature.
- Birth certificate/ SSC/Matriculation for date of birth
- Proof of highest education
- Certificate of proof of Ex-serviceman
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- PwBDs certificate (if applicable)
- Visit official website of Indian Navy- www.joinindiannavy.gov.in
- Click on “Join Navy” option.
- Open the “Civilians” tab.
- Click on “Tradesman Mate (TMM)”.
- Fill all the necessary details in the application form accurately.
- Upload all the required documents.
- Make payment of application fee.
- Submit the form and take a printout of the filled-in application for personal record.
- All the candidates who are not exempted from the payment of application fee have to pay a fee of Rs.205/- (plus applicable tax/charges)
- SC/ST/PwBDs/Ex-Servicemen and Women candidates are exempted from the payment of application fee.
- Application fee can be paid only through the online mode. It includes payment through net banking, debit/credit card, and UPI.
- Fee is not refundable under any circumstance.
All the candidates who are interested in filling application for this post must satisfy all the eligibility conditions. Any candidate found providing wrong eligibility information at any stage will be disqualified.
Candidates can check all the requirements for this post below-
- Both male and female candidates are eligible.
- Candidates must be of age between 18 to 25 years as on 15th March 2020.
Category-wise age relaxation applicable on upper age of the candidates is as follows-
- Applicants must have qualified class 10th from a recognized Board and they must have certificate from a recognized Industrial Training Institute (ITI).
The main selection of candidates is made on the basis of the selection test. However, there is procedure through which suitable candidates is recruited and finally selected. The complete selection procedure for the post of Tradesman MAT include the given stages-
- Mode of Examination- Online (CBT)
- Type of questions- Objective type questions
- Medium of exam- English, and Hindi
- Maximum marks- 100
Indian Navy Tradesman Recruitment Syllabus
- General Intelligence and Reasoning-
The first part would include questions from Series, Odd One Out, Mathematical operations, Word-Based Problems, Problems Solving, Logical Venn Diagrams, Analogy, Non-Verbal Reasoning, Drawing Inference, Coding-Decoding, etc.
- Quantitative Ability-
It includes Ratio and Proportion, Average, Number Systems, Time & Work, Profit and Loss, Discount, Menstruation, Percentage, Time and Distance, Simple and Compound Interest, Statistical Chart, Trigonometry, Geometry etc.
- General English-
It includes vocabulary, sentence structure, synonymous, grammar, antonyms, Comprehension and its correct usage etc.
- General Awareness-
It includes questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to its history, sports, culture, Physics, Chemistry, Computer Science, Geography, Environmental Science, Current Events, Economics scene, General policy including Indian Constitution and scientific research etc.
Navy Tradesman Recruitment Admit Card
- Admit card will be issued only to the candidates whose applications will be screened.
- Registered candidates will be able to download their hall tickets at least a week before the commencement of exam.
- Candidates have to produce the admit card along with a photo identity proof to the invigilator at the exam venue.
- They can use any of the following photo ID proof- Aadhaar Card/ PAN Card/ Driving Licence/ Passport/ Voter’s Card/ Bank Passbook. Ration card and Learner’s Driving License is not allowed.
After the commencement of the examination result will be announced. The result will be prepared on the basis of merit position of the candidates. The result will be released in the form of provisional select list and a provisional appointment letter will be allotted to the selected candidates.
In 2019, when the Indian navy announced the result of the tradesman mate only 536 candidates has been provisionally shortlisted.
Check the list of candidates selected last year:click here
- Applicants must read the official advertisement and guidelines properly before the application.
- All details must be filled with care in the application form as no chance for correction will be given.
- Candidates must remember the login password provided during registration.
- Examination dates will be communicated to the shortlisted candidates on their registered mobile no. and email IDs.
For any clarification and assistance for Indian Navy Tradesman Recruitment 2020, candidates can write to the concerned authority at the email address provided below-
Or you can ask us in the comment below.
Note: the above information has been taken from the previous year’s notification. Once the 2020 notification will be released by the Indian navy we will update the same here.