Karnataka KCET Application Form 2020, Eligibility, Dates, Syllabus Pattern
KCET Application Form 2020: Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET) is a state-level entrance exam conducted by Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA), Karnataka every year. Through this exam, eligible candidates can get admission into various Under Graduate professional courses offered by the various government and private colleges of the state. KEA will conduct KCET 2020 in the last week of April 2020. Online application forms will be uploaded on the official website in February 2020. Candidates will be allotted seats in the various colleges on the basis of KCET 2020 score.
Karnataka Examination Authority has successfully concluded the KCET application form submission process. Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) has initiated the process of inventing the application forms for the students who want to pursue the higher studies offered by the KET through KCET. Here is the basic information of KCET Application Form.
KCET Application Form 2020
KCRT exam will get the admission to the interested students in the courses of engineering, technology, pharmacy, and many others. Karnataka Examination Authority will release the application form in the month of February 2020.
It is necessary for the candidates to qualify KCET exam for admission. Admission into MBBS/Ayush and B.Arch programs will be done on the basis of NEET and NATA score respectively.
KCET 2020 Important Dates
Below we have shared the tentative schedule for KCET 2020-
KCET 2020 Programs Offered
Following programs will be offered through KCET 2020-
- Medical / Dental courses (MBBS / BDS) (NEET)
- AYUSH – courses Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Homoeopathy (NEET)
- Architecture course (B.Arch) (NATA)
- Engineering / Technology courses (B.E. / B.Tech)
- Various Farm Science courses like B.Sc. (Hons) Agriculture, B.Sc. (Hons) Sericulture, B.Sc (Hons) Horticulture, B.Sc (Hons) Forestry, B.Sc. Agri BioTech, B.H.Sc.(Home Science), B.Tech (Agri.Engg), B.Tech (Food Science &Tech)., Tech (Food Technology), B.Tech (Dairy Tech), B.F.Sc (Fisheries), B.Sc. (Hons) Agri. Marketing & Co-Op.
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry (B.V. Sc. & A.H.)
Here, we have shared the complete detail on KCET 2020 eligibility criteria-
- Candidates must be a citizen of India (If they want admission in the government colleges).
- For B.Tech/B.E– Candidates must have passed in 2nd PUC i.e. 10+2 or equivalent with English as a language subject and Physics, and Mathematics along with Chemistry / Bio-Technology / Biology / Electronics / Computer with an aggregate of 45% marks (40% for SC/ST/Category 1,2A,2B,3A and 3B category) from a recognized Board.
- For Farm Sciences Courses- Candidates must have passed in 2nd PUC or 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology as an optional subject.
- For (B.V. Sc. & A.H.)- Applicant must have passed 10+2 with minimum 50% (40% for SC/ST/Category 1,2A,2B,3A and 3B category) aggregate in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English subjects.
- For B.Pharma- Candidates must have passed in 2nd PUC/10+2 or equivalent Physics, Chemistry and Biology or Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with a minimum of 45% marks (40% for SC/ST/Category 1, 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B category).
Passed have a diploma in Pharmacy education with minimum 45% marks (40% for SC/ST/Category 1, 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B category).
- For Pharma.D- Candidates must have passed in 2nd PUC/10+2 or equivalent Physics, Chemistry and Biology or Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
Passed have a diploma in Pharmacy education from an institute recognized by the Pharmacy Council of India.
KCET 2020 Application Form
- Candidates can fill KCET 2020 application forms through the online mode from the official website.
- Application forms can be filled from the first week of February 2020.
- Applicants are advised to take a printout of the filled-in application form and confirmation form for references in the future.
Check the procedure to fill the application form given below-
- Visit the official website of KEA i.e. kea.kar.nic.in.
- Click on “CET 2020 UG Online Application” link.
Register by providing all the necessary details. An application number and password will be generated.
- Now fill all the details in the form correctly.
- Upload the scanned copies of recent passport-sized photograph, signature, and left thumb impression in the prescribed format.
- Print the Challan and make payment of application fee.
- Take the printout of the form and get it signed by the principal of the college/ school from where candidates have passed the 10+2/PUC. Applicants are required to produce the same copy at the time of document verification.
KCET 2020 – Application Fee
- Applicants can make payment of application fee through the offline mode i.e. bank Challan.
- Candidates residing outside India are required to pay the application fee through a Demand draft drawn in the favor of Executive Director, Karnataka Examinations Authority, payable at Bangalore.
KCET 2020 Exam Pattern
- KCET 2020 exam will be conducted in two days in two different sessions.
- The exam will be conducted in offline mode (Pen & Paper based).
- Questions will be asked from four subjects viz. Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and
- There will be 60 questions in each subject.
- 1 mark will be allotted for every correct answer.
- No negative marking will be there.
Karnataka KCET 2020 Admission Ticket/Admit Card
- KCET 2020 Admission ticket will be made available for download on the official website on the specified dates.
- Candidates are advised to remain in contact with the official website for updates regarding KCET 2020 admit card.
- Candidates are advised to verify all the details mentioned on the admit card before going to appear in the exam. In case of any discrepancy, they must contact the concerned authority.
- The admission ticket is an important document and it is compulsory for all the candidates to carry the admit cards to the examination center along with a valid ID proof. Candidates without a valid admit card will not be allowed to write the exam.
Here we have mentioned the steps to download the KCET admit card from the site.
Instruction for Exam Day
KCET is an important exam if you want to enroll in a reputed college for higher studies of professional courses. You must have worked hard to clear this exam but sometimes a small carelessness of you can cut your wings down.
Here are some instructions that you need to follow;
- You cannot enter in the exam center without admit card, keep it with you.
- The exam will be conducted on the OMR sheet so keep blue and black ink ballpoint pen.
- Reach to the exam center in advance of 30 minutes.
- Do not carry calculate, mobile or any other gadget with you in the exam center.
KCET Exam Pattern
Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET) is conducted to offer admission to the interested students in professional courses such as Medical, Technology & Engineering, Architecture, Farm Science and Pharmacy courses. Here are the important points which you should know about KCET.
- As this test is conducted to get admission in UG courses so in this test questions based on 10+2 level are asked.
- KCT prepare around 16 sets of question papers for the students.
- It’s an offline exam and conducted on pen and paper mode. The exam is conducted on OMR sheets.
KCET is conducted in for three subjects and duration for every subject is 70 minutes. Candidates get 10 additional minutes to read the question paper and fill all the details. The total duration of the exam would be 210 minutes (for 3 papers) and 30 additional minutes.
- Students, who are seeking admission in engineering courses, have to clear the entrance exam based on Physics, Chemistry, and Maths.
- For those who want to get admission in pharmacy, Dental, Indian System of Medicine, Dental and Homoeopathy courses, they will have to attempt the questions based on Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- Question paper of every topic will have 60 questions and 1 mark is allotted to each question. The exam paper of Kannada will have 50questions for 50 marks.
- To get admission in Architecture course aspirants need to appear for NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture), conducted by the Council of Architecture.
- In KCET, all the questions will be multiple-choice questions.
- The exam does not follow any procedure of negative marking. For every wrong answer, the applicants neither get nor lose any mark.
Now you have become familiar with the exam pattern of KCET. Prior knowledge of exam pattern works as an advantage in the exam hall. Now let’s have a look at the syllabus of KCET.
KCET 2020- Result
The result will be released through online mode. Candidates can check their result on the official website by logging in with the application ID and password. After the release of the result, KCET 2020 merit list will be prepared on the basis of ranks and merit candidates will be called for counseling procedure.
KEA Contact Details-
It would be wise if students revise all the syllabus of PUC 1st and 2nd-year to get success in KCET. Here in this article, we have compiled everything about the aforementioned exam. But still, if you have some additional query then write to us in the comment box below.