Kerala University Admission 2020 Application Form Eligibility Exam Dates
Kerala University Admission 2020: Kerala University offers admission to the interested students in various UG, PG and Doctorate courses. The university conducts the admission process in different streams of Engineering and other UG and PG degree courses. Kerala University offers higher education to the students through regular and distance courses.
Kerala University Admission 2020
All those admission seekers who are looking to get admission in either UG or PG courses can consider this university as an ideal one. In this article, we have compiled the information about Kerala University such as the admission procedure, eligibility criteria, and other details. First, have a look at the table given below to know about the university.
Kerala University Admission: Details
About- Kerala University
Kerala University is a state-level university. It was established in the year 1937. Earlier it was named as the University of Travancore and later on, it was named as Kerala University. The university offers admission in UG and PG courses in the following disciplines; Engineering, Architecture, Law, Management, Basic Sciences, Arts, Commerce, and Education. The university also offers education regular and distance courses. Read on to know more about the admission procedure at the university.
The university takes the candidates onboard based on the merit list and for a few courses, it also conducts the entrance exams. The entrance exam for admission will be conducted by the university itself on its premises or at some other exam centers. The admission of the students in different courses will be done on the basis of Online Central Allotment. To get admission to university students will have to be aware of the university’s admission schedule. The allotment of seats for a few courses will be strictly merit-based. Have a look at the admission process for the various courses in Kerala University.
Admission Procedure in Kerala University
For different courses the admission process is different. Here we have mentioned the admission process for a few courses;
Admission in B.tech and B. Arch will depend on candidates’ scores in Kerala Engineering, Architecture and Medical and Pharmacy entrance exam.
- If an applicant has qualified NATA will be eligible to get admission to B. Arch.
- MBA admission will be offered on the basis of marks scored in CAT. To get admission to M. Tech the candidates’ score in GATE will play an important role.
- For other courses like BA, B.Com, etc the students will get admission on a merit basis.
- To get admission in the PG courses the applicant will have to take the entrance examination conducted by the university.
- Admission to BPA, BFA, and B.P.Ed will also be based on the candidates’ performance in the entrance examination.
For admission in rest of the courses have a look at the table given below;
Admission Procedure in UG courses
Admission In Kerala University in PG Courses
How To Apply For Admission to Kerala University?
Of you are eligible to get admission in the Kerala university then you will have to follow the below mentioned steps to apply for the admission in the university;
- First of all, visit the official website of the university.
- You will have to register here to generate a user id and password.
- Now, log in on the page with your user id and password.
- On the page choose the course for admission and fill the application form by mentioning your personal and educational details.
- You will have to upload a few documents of yours like the photograph, educational documents for the previous class, id card and signature.
- Read the application form after filling it to make sure that everything mentioned here is correct.
- Pay the application fee to apply for admission and submit the form.
- Application Fee For General Candidates: Rs.250/-
- Application Fee For SC/ST Candidates: Rs.100/-
Kerala University Admission 2020: Important Dates
Document to be required at the time of Admission
As we stated above the admission in the university will depend on the Entrance exam or on the merit-based list. For the entrance exam, the university will release the admit card on its official website. the admit card will be having all the information related to the exam date, venue and other details.
To get admission on the merit bases you will have to first apply through the online application submission process. Then the university will publish the merit list on its official website. If your name is in the list then you will have to appear in counseling round with following documents in original:
- The Admission Memo.
- Receipt of University fee remitted in the bank.
- Certificate to of DOB (10th mark sheet)
- Transfer Certificate (TC) if any
- Migration Certificate, if applicable.
- Any other documents required to be produced by the Head of Institution
The Bottom Line
Here we have compiled all the information about the admission in UG and PG courses in Kerala University. In case of any further query, feel free to write to us in the comment box below.