Madras University Results April 2020 Exam 2nd,4th,6th Sem BA B.Sc
Madras University will soon announce UNOM UG/PG April 2020 Exam results. Students who have appeared in BA, B.Sc., B.Com, BBA, and other UG/PG Courses April 2020 exams will be able to check their results from this page. We are expecting that the result will probably be announced in the last week of June 2020. Students are advised to keep their eyes on this page as we will upload the result here.
University of Madras is a state public university located in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. It is one of the premier and oldest universities in India. It was established in the year 1857 by an act of the Legislative Council of India. After the successful conduct of Even semester theory exam in April month now Madras University Result 2020 will be released soon @ www.results.unom.ac.in
Overview of University of Madras
University of Madras Schools
University has following schools-
- Historical Studies
- Social Sciences
- Political and International Studies
- Philosophy and Religious Thought
- Fine and Performance Arts
- English and Foreign Languages
- Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science
- Information and Communication Studies
- Earth and Atmospheric Science
- Chemical Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Basic Medical Sciences
- Nano Science and Photonics
- Tamil and other Dravidian Languages
- Sanskrit and Other Indian Languages
- Management Studies
University of Madras Admission Procedure
Madras University Semester Exams and Results
University follows a semester system. The academic year consists of two semesters i.e. Odd Semester and Even Semester. I and III semesters are known as Odd semester (July to November) and II and IV semester are known as Even Semesters (December to April). The university curriculum runs on a Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) where one credit is equal to one-hour lecture.
University conducts two sessional tests and an end term examination at the end of each session. Only those students are allowed to appear in the end term semester exams who have appeared in the two sessional exams.
The complete information about the university exams and results is shared below-
Madras University Semester Exams
- The odd semester theory exams for all the UG, PG and professional degree courses other than M.Phil and Ph.D. programs are conducted in the month of November each year. The practical exam for odd semesters are scheduled in October.
- The even semester practical exams for all UG, PG and professional degree programs are generally scheduled in March whereas the theory exams are conducted in the month of April.
- It is compulsory for every student to an examination application form. Without submitted an application form no student is allowed to sit in the end-semester exams of the university.
- Students are also required to carry a valid hall ticket/ admit card to the exam hall on the day of examination. Any student found without an admit card is not permitted to write the exam.
Madras University Semester Exams Result 2020
- The university has declared the odd semester result for all the UG, PG and professional courses in February 2020.
The result for even semester exam for UG, PG and professional courses is announced in June.
- The University of Madras declares the result through online mode. It means can check the end-semester result only on the official portal of the university.
- The concerned university department updates the result notification on the official portal of the university in order to communicate the result information to each and every student. Therefore, students are required to follow the university portal on a regular basis.
resultsheet includes the name of the student, roll number, course, year, semester, marks obtained, total marks, result status, and other related information.
- Students can also apply for supplementary exams and revaluation of the answer sheets after the declaration of semester results.
- After the announcement of the results,
studentcan collect their original mark sheets and related certificates from the university.
How to check Madras University Results?
University students can follow the simple steps given below in order to check the end-semester results of UG, PG and professional degree programs-
- Step 1- Go to the university website first. Here is the university website- www.unom.ac.in.
- Step 2- On the homepage of the website, click on the “Announcements”.
- Step 3- Select the respective result link.
- Step 4- Now enter the register number and click on “Get marks”.
- Step 5- The result will appear on the screens.
- Step 6- Download or take a print of the result. It is can be saved for future references
UG / PG / Professional Degree Examination Results – April 2020(Link will be available soon)
Also Read: Madras University Revaluation Result
University has given a number of gems to India who have made the country by their contribution in the respective field. C.V Raman, A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar, Srinivasa Ramanuja, S.Radhakrishnan, Indra Nooyi, M.Swaminathan, Vishwanathan Anand are some of the notable alumni of the university who have made India proud in a global platform.
Globally, the University of Madras has been ranked 171-180 for the year 2018 by the QS University Rankings BRICS. Apart from this, it has been also ranked 29 in overall category and 18 among university by NIRF in 2018.
In this article, students will get information about University of Madras results along with extra information about university profile and examination system.
For any issue or query related to University of Madras, students are advised to bring the matter into the notice of the university. Students can contact the university at the address shared below-
University of MadrasNavalar Nagar, Chepauk, TriplicaneChennai – 600005Tamil Nadu, IndiaPhone No.- 044 – 2539 9405, 044 – 2539 9412
Hope you have understood how to download Madras University Result 2020. In case you have any query regarding the Madras University nov results 2020 then you can ask us in the comment section below.