Manipal Entrance Test MET 2020 Application Form, Eligibility, Exam Dates
Manipal Entrance Test MET 2020 exam is scheduled to be conducted in the month of April 2020. MET (Manipal Entrance Test) was formerly known as MU OET (Manipal University Online Entrance Test). MET 2020 application forms will be released in the month of November 2019. Thereafter, candidates will be able to fill the form through the online mode.
MET is a university level entrance exam conducted by Manipal Academy of Higher Education (formerly known as Manipal University), for admission into various Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses in the institute and its constituent colleges.
Manipal Entrance Test MET 2020
Here candidates will get complete information about MET 2020 application form, fee, syllabus, pattern, Admit card, exam pattern, Test centers, result, and other details.
MET 2020- A Brief Detail
MET 2020- Courses offered
Following UG and PG courses are offered through MET-
- Tech (Lateral)
- Sc Nursing
- Sc Medical
MET 2020- Important Exam Dates/ Schedule
The tentative schedule for MET 2020 is shared below. Final dates will be updated after the release of official notification.
MET Eligibility 2020
Candidates must check that they fulfill the eligibility criteria before filling the application form. The eligibility criterion for MET 2020 is given below-
- Indian Nationals and Non-Resident Indian (NRI) are eligible and can apply for MET 2020 exam.
- Candidates holding PIO and OCI cards issued by Government of India are also eligible.
- There is not any specific age criterion for admission.
- Candidate must obtain 50% marks in MET 2020 to be eligible for admission.
For UG programs
- Candidates must have qualified 10+2 with minimum 50% aggregate in the respective subject group from a recognized Board.
For PG programs
- Candidates must hold a graduate degree with at least 50% marks in the respective discipline from a recognized university.
MET 2020- Application Form
- MET 2020 application forms will be made available for the candidates from the month of November 2019.
- Candidates can fill the application form from the official website.
- Candidates must submit the application forms before the last date.
- Candidates must upload all the required documents like a passport-sized photograph, signature etc in the prescribed format.
- Candidates are advised to keep the printout of the confirmation page and filled-in application form for future use.
- Candidates are required to send filled-in application form to the given address-
Director, Indian Admissions,Room No. 102,Manipal Academy of Higher Education,Manipal-576104Karnataka, India
- Candidates have to make payment of Rs.2000/- as an application fee.
- The application fee can be paid through debit/credit card/ net banking and demand draft.
- Candidates who will pay the application fee through Demand draft are required to send the application form along with the DD to the address given above.
- The application fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
MET 2020 Exam Pattern
The Exam Pattern for MET 2020 is as follows-
For UG courses (B.Tech/B.Pharma/D.Pharma)-
- MET 2020 will be conducted in an online mode (Computer-Based Test)
- The duration of the exam will be 2 hours 30 minutes.
- Question paper will consist of Multiple Choice Questions.
- Total 200 questions will be asked.
For PG Courses (M.Tech)
- MET 2020 will be conducted in an online mode (Computer-Based Test)
- The duration of the exam will be 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Questions paper will consist of Multiple Choice Questions.
- A total number of questions will be 60.
- 4 marks will be awarded for each correct answer.
- 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong choice.
MET 2020- Syllabus
Synonyms, Antonyms, Spellings, One-word substitutions, Clauses, Determiners, Prepositions, verb concord, Pronouns, Sentence structure, Usages in English etc.
Laws of Motion, Units and Measurement, Kinematics, Work and Energy, Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body, Gravitation, Properties of Bulk Matter, Thermodynamics, Behaviour of Perfect Gases and Kinetic Theory of Gases, Oscillations and Waves, Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism, Dual Nature of Radiation and Matter , Atoms and Nuclei, Electronic Devices, Communication Systems, and Experimental Skills, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents, Electromagnetic Waves, Optics etc.
Basic concepts in Chemistry, States of matter, Gaseous state, Liquid state, Solid State, Atomic structure, Chemical bonding and molecular structure, Ionic bonding, Covalent bonding, Metallic bonding, Hydrogen bonding, Solutions, Equilibrium, Redox reactions and Electrochemistry, Chemical Kinetics, Periodic properties, Principles and processes of metal extractions, Hydrogen, S-block elements, P-block elements, Group 13-18, d and f block elements, Lanthanoids, Purification and characterization of organic compounds, Basic principles of organic chemistry, Nomenclature, Electronic displacement in a covalent bond, Types of organic reactions, Hydrocarbons, Alkanes, Alkenes, Alkynes, Aromatic hydrocarbons, Organic compounds containing halogens, Organic compounds containing oxygen, Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers, Alcohols, etc.
Sets, relations and functions, Trigonometric functions, complex numbers and quadratic equations, Linear inequalities, Permutations and combinations, Binomial theorem, Sequence and series, Matrices, Determinants, Straight lines, Three-dimensional geometry, Conic sections, Vectors, Limits and derivatives, Continuity and differentiability, Applications of derivatives, Integrals, Applications of the integrals, Differential equations, statistics, probability, linear programming, mathematical reasoning etc.
MET 2020 – Slot Booking
Candidates have to book a slot as per their convenience. Booking of the slot will start in the month of April 2020. Candidates have to book date and center for MET 2020 from the official website by using the valid login credentials (application number and password) provided at the time of registration.
MET 2020 Admit Card
Candidates can download the admit card just after booking the exam slot. Admit card will be generated only after the booking of the slot and can be downloaded from the website by using valid login details. It is compulsory for every candidate to carry a printed copy of a valid admit card to the examination center on the day of the exam.
MET 2020 exam is expected to be conducted in the following cities of India-
MET 2020- Result
Candidates can check their MET 2020 result through the online mode in the month of June 2020. The result will be made available at the official website of the university. Candidates are advised to stay in touch with the official website to get the updates about MET 2020 result.
In case of any issue related to MET 2020 candidates can contact at the given address-