NTSE 2020 Application Form (Out): NTSE Exam Dates - Stage 1 Apply Here
NTSE 2020 Registration | Online Form apply: National Talent Search Examination (NTSE) application forms have been released in the first week of August 2019. NTSE Application procedure is currently active and therefore eligible candidates who have not submitted their NTSE 2020 applications yet are advised to submit the same before the due date.
NTSE Applications forms for Stage-I test are made available at state level. Students can procure their NTSE application forms from the concerned Liaison Officer (LO) assigned for the state. Student must submit the NTSE 2020 application form in the LO before the due date to avoid last minute rush. Late applications and unattested applications will be rejected. The stage I exam which is to be conducted at state level is scheduled to be conducted in the month of November 2019 on different dates whereas Stage II exam is going to be conducted on 10th of May 2020 at all the examination centers of the country.
In this article, we have shared detailed information on NTSE 2020 registration and application. It includes NTSE 2020 important dates, NTSE application procedure, eligibility, exam pattern, syllabus, NTSE reservation, quota, NTSE admit card, result, exam center and other related information.
NTSE 2020 Important Dates
Quota Allotted for States and UTs
Have a look at the category-wise reservation applicable at national level i.e. for stage II examination given as under-
NTSE Eligibility Criteria 2020
Before submitting application for NTSE, candidates must go through the eligibility criteria. Only eligible candidates are required to fill the applications. Interested students can get a brief on NTSE eligibility requirements shared as under-
For State Level Exam (Stage I)
- Students studying in class 10th in any recognized school are eligible.
- States may apply other eligibility conditions as per their rule.
- Students enrolled under Open and Distance Learning (ODL) are also eligible provided they should be below the age of 18 years as on 1st July.
All the students are advised to fulfill the eligibility requirements specified by the state.
For National Level Exam (Stage II)
- Students must have qualified stage I exam.
- Stage II exam is open to all the Indian nationals and also Indian students studying abroad. Indian students studying abroad can read the complete eligibility requirement details given on the official information brochure
For more information on eligibility criteria, candidates should visit NCERT website.
NTSE 2020 Application Form
- Candidates can avail the application form from the Liaison Officer or they can download it from the official website of concerned state authority/ LO.
- Students are advised to read the official notification carefully before filling the application form. They must adhere to all the guidelines and instructions provided by NCERT.
- Only those students should apply who fulfill all the eligibility requirements.
- NTSE Applicants must be ready with all the documents and information to be filled in the application form.
- All the details should be entered carefully in the form.
- NTSE Applications should be duly signed by the principal or head of the school/ institution.
Students must submit applications well on time.
- One should make sure that the application reaches the Liaison Office before the last date.
- Late and incomplete applications will not be considered.
- NTSE Applicants are not required to send the application form to the office of NCERT. They have to send it only to the designated LO.
- Students can also keep a copy of filled in application with them future references.
NTSE 2020 Application Form Link
How to fill NTSE Application form?
Students who are interested in submitting applications for NTSE can follow the easy instructions given below to fill the form-
- Step 1- Firstly, applicants are required to visit the official website of the state body assigned for NTSE/ or LO.
- Step 2- Click on apply link.
- Step 3- Fill the required information and register.
- Step 4- Click on submit button. Download and print the NTSE application form.
Step 5- Now, they have to fill required details such as basic information, address, category, etc. in the application form in their own handwriting.
- Step 6- Affix a recent passport-sized photograph and signature in the space provided.
- Step 7- Attest the filled-in NTSE application form by the Principal.
- Step 8- Make payment of the application fee.
- Step 9- Once NTSE application fee has been paid, candidates have to post or submit the application form in person at the address of the State Liaison Officer.
NTSE Registration Fee 2020
- State government may charge application fee from the applicants. For information on requisite application fee and mode of payment, students are required to contact the concerned Liaison officer of their state. Registration fee may vary state to state.
- No examination fee is charged by NCERT for stage-II examination.
NTSE Application links and Liaison Office Addresses
All the applicants are required to send the duly attested application form to the concerned Liaison Offices of the state. The details and addresses of all the Liaison Offices (LOs) of the states are given below-
Candidates are also advised to contact at the LOs in case of any issue related to the application form.
For detailed information on NTSE state LOs visit – Check Here
NTSE Exam Pattern 2020
As it is clear that NTSE will have two stages on which selection of candidates will be based. Stage-I exams will be conducted at the state level by the concerned authority. State-level exam will consist of two paper viz. Paper I i.e. Mental Ability Test (MAT) and Paper-II i.e. Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT). Both tests will be conducted on same day.
Have, a look at the exam scheme of NTSE Stage-I exam shared below-
- Mode of Exam- Offline (Written exam)
- No. of Questions- 100 each
- Type of Questions- Multiple Choice Type Questions
- No. of papers- Two (MAT and SAT)
- Total marks- 100 each paper
- Duration of exam- 120 minutes (each paper)
Medium of test-
The questions in test will be available to candidates in Asamiya, Hindi, English, Bangla, Gujarati, Marathi, Malayalam, Kannada, Odia, Tamil, Telugu, Punjabi, and Urdu languages (as applicable).
- Negative Marking- No negative marking will be there.
Candidates are required to qualify both the papers separately. The category-wise qualifying marks details are shared as under-
NCERT has not specified any particular syllabus for the examination. However, the questions in exam are basically asked from the level of class X and IX. Students can prepare from a separate booklet named ‘Learn about the Test’ which contains sample items for MAT and SAT. This booklet is available in printed form and also on the official website of NCERT.
NTSE Exam Centre
Exam centers in each stage will be allotted as per the preferences submitted by students at the time of application. In the 1st stage, exam centers will be allotted in the same state of the candidates and generally there is only one exam center in each State/UT for NTS exam.
Exam center once allotted will not be changed. No request for allotted examination center will be entertained in any of the stage. However, it is possible only in some exceptional cases.
NTSE Exam Admit Card
Before the conduct of selection test, admit cards are issued to all the candidates who have registered. Only E- admit cards will be issued which they have to download from the official website. Stage I admit card can be downloaded from state authority website and stage II admit cards can be downloaded from NCERT website.
Read about NTSE Result
Yes, you are eligible and you have to only take stage II exam.
No, there is no provision for negative marking in either stage.
It is a person/body appointed by NCERT in each state and UT for carrying out all the activities of NTSE smoothly.
Last date of submission of application is not fixed for states/ UTs. You have to contact the concerned state authority or Liaison Officer of your state/UT for last date and other assistance related to NTSE application.
Application forms for such students will be uploaded on NCERT website in the month of October 2019 and that should be submitted latest by 31st December 2019.
Scholarships under the National Talent Search Scheme are awarded for different stages of educations- Class XI-XII Undergraduates and Post- Graduates Ph.D. programs The rates of scholarships for each education stage varies. Have a look at the rate of scholarship awarded to students at all the three stages- Higher secondary level (XI-XII) Rs.1250/- per month Graduate and postgraduate Rs.2000/- per month Ph.D. Degree (four years) As per the norms of UGC
National Talent Scholarship examination is a national level scholarship examination organized annually under National Talent Search Scheme. It is conducted by the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT).The main aim behind conducting NTS exam is to search talented students from different parts of India and awarding them with the scholarships.
Selection of candidates for the award of scholarship is done on the basis of selection exam. This selection exam is conducted in two stages viz.- Stage I and Stage II exam.
Apart from this, all the activities from the submission of applications to the declaration of result are carried out the respective state/UT authorities. NCERT has no interference in state-level exam. Stage I result is published on the official website of the State Authorities. Therefore, in case of any query related to stage I students should contact the concerned authority or respective LO.
On the other hand, stage II exam is conducted on national level by NCERT itself. Candidates selected in stage I are invited for stage II exam. A final merit list is prepared on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in stage I and stage II. This final merit list is hosted on official website of NCERT and finally, scholarships is awarded to the deserving students selected from different parts of the country.
IF you have any question related to NTSE 2020 registration then ask us in the comment section and we will help you in best possible way.