RRB Recruitment 2020: Indian Railway Jobs [ALP, Group-D, NTPC, ASM]
RRB Recruitment 2020: This article is all about RRB Recruitment 2020, so read fully to know every aspect of Railway jobs. Indian Railway Network is one of the largest railway networks in India. It is also one of the largest employers in the world providing employment to around 1.3 million people.
Moving forward in the line of providing jobs to Indian people Ministry of Railways had released the application for the recruitment of one lakh RRB Group D employees year 2020.
Latest: Check RRC 1.30 lakh vacancies in 2020
It was an excellent opportunity for the candidates who are preparing for railways for a long time and want to work with Indian Railways. Moving forward now there will be more vacancies as new railway station/project are in making also Railway minister in the interview hinted more RRB recruitment in 2020.
RRB Recruitment 2020
Recruitment in Indian Railways is conducted by RRB i.e. Railway Recruitment Boards. RRB manages and controls the appointment of new employees in the Indian Railways. There are total 21 such boards in India situated at different parts of India managing the recruitment process. RRB, Allahabad has been assigned the responsibility of conducting recruitment of Group D staff and ALP & Technicians. Interested candidates can apply through official website of RRB.
What Are RRB Groups? All type of Railway Groups explained here
Get each & every information about the Group D and Assistant Loco Pilot (ALP) & Technicians and ASM posts in Indian Railways, which will cover details like important dates of both exam, eligibility, syllabus, exam pattern, application form, admit card, selection procedure, result etc.
Managing such a vastly spread network requires a huge amount of workforce which consists of employees and laborers for which the Railway ministry and Government of India are giving vacancies to the youth of the country to be a part of this department and make a glorious carrier in it. The Indian Railways is the largest organization in terms of employees and is a major government organization.
A detailed description of the various Groups recruitment in the examination
The recruitment process for Group A – The highest ranked officers are employed in this category their recruitment is done by the authorities of the UPSC. The process consists of an examination, which needs to be passed first, and then it is followed by a Group discussion. The Civil Service Examination and the Combined Engineering Services organize the complete hiring process.
The services that are included in the examination are-
- The Indian Railway Account service
- The Indian Railway Traffic service
- The Indian Railway Professional Service
- The Indian Railway Protection Forces
These are the prime services given under the examination and the Combined Services Exam leads to the recruitment of the officer rank candidates into the following category:
- Railway services of Engineers
- The store services for the railways
- Services of Mechanical Engineers of the Railways
- Services of Electrical Engineers of the Railways
The recruitment process for Group B-
The recruitment process for group C- This category has a large number of candidates who appear for the examination as the posts are offered on numerous designations. The railway publishes the required qualification for group C, which is a candidate, must have passed their 12th with at least 50% of marks or have graduated with the same scoring marks from a recognized university. This group consists of two categories that are Technical and Non-Technical, the technical category mainly consists of Civil, Electrical and telecommunication signal etc. posts whereas the non-technical category consists of Assistant Station master, Clerks, Ticket collectors, Traffic Apprentice etc.
The job that is provided to this group candidate is-
- Indian Railways Station Master
- Ticket collectors
- The Commercial Apprentice
- The Traffic Control Apprentice
- Engineering posts (for the Civil Engineer’s Electrical Signal and Telecommunication)
Read Full Article on Railway RRB Recruitment 2020 , we have made a list of all the vacancies each year in the Indian Railway. Visit it ones to see the latest Indian Railway recruitment for group D, ALP, RPF, and other posts.
The recruitment process for Group D-Candidates in this category are the highest compared to other categories due to a large number of posts, which needs many workers to operate for the given posts. The candidates must be eligible according to the norms for various posts, which will be for eighth pass 10th pass, and 12th pass candidates respectively.
The post offered for the candidates of this category are –
- Assistant Point’s Man
The following is a table representation of job qualification for various posts:
Note- if the candidates have any other doubt in their mind regarding the details of the RRB recruitment groups and selection process they can log into the site and comment below.
RRB Recruitment Application:
- Education eligibility as per the level and post of the job.
- The examination levels as per the level of the group.
- The examination fee.
- Examination syllabus.
RRB/RRC Recruitment Level 2020
The levels of RRB Recruitment in the Indian railways-
The candidate who is looking to work in this level of position has to fight an all India level of examination which is UPSC (Union Public Service Commotion) examination which helps them to get the best candidate for this post. The UPSC, the most highly recognized and examination in India, here the candidate are checked mentally and physically and they are selected for the post.
Level A Education Eligibility
The candidate who is looking for this job has to be minimum of post-graduation or graduation from the recognized university in India. The candidate is to be the citizen of India. The candidate who is going for this examination must not have a criminal background or an ongoing criminal case in his name. The candidate is also selected for the Engineering Service Exam and Combined Medical Service Examination, for other posts in the same group.
The level B recruit candidates are selected from the LDCE (Limited Departmental Competitive Examination) which comes under the SSC (Staff Selection Commission). Here candidate is hired for the junior level of jobs in the administration and other departments in railways. The maximum age for the candidate is 45 years.
Level B Education Eligibility
The candidate who wants to work in this level of working position has to work hard in the examination to get an opportunity in the Indian railways in this area. There are some job positions are as follows in this examination: –
- Station Master
- Ticket Collector
- Commercial Apprentice
- Traffic Apprentice
- Engineering posts (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Signal & Telecommunication), etc.
Level C Education Criteria
The candidate who wants to work in this position has to stand on some eligibility criteria like, basic education criteria and percentage criteria in last passed class and Minimum level of education. The candidate has to pass some selection examination test to get the job in the organization.
The organization holds the huge number of vacancy in this level of group and candidate can join this organization for a different post in this level of organization. The jobs are like assistant loco pilots, helper technical, gagman, switchmen, trackmen, cabin men, welders, porters and they are some other position as-as follow: –
- Assistant Points Man
- Safaiwala / Safaiwali
Level D Education Criteria
The candidate wants to work in the above post has to have some education criteria- Minimum of education required is class 12 and in some post, there is class 10th is minimum. There is some post which is from junior level engineer and from automobile and other technical sectors, here the candidate is hired from the ITI institution in the country, and candidates are selected on bases of the skills and education criteria.
In railway recruitment, board most the candidate is taken from the quotas. The candidate from sports background get the job at the level B and C group of jobs and they are there to represent the organization in the different sports at the state level games like cricket, football, volleyball, athletics, and other sports in India. There are some reservation quotas for SC and ST candidate at all level of examination in all groups and jobs, which comes in all groups in the organization in India.
The candidate who is looking for a job in Indian railways or by RRB has to fulfill some criteria, which are as follows: –
- The candidate has to be an Indian citizen.
- The candidate does not have any criminal case in his or her name in any of the states.
- The candidate has to complete his education qualification as per education required in the groups A, B, C, and
- The Aadhar card is an important document that candidate must have for applying for the examination or filling up the application at all groups.
In all level groups, the candidate has to go through some steps are as follows: –
- The candidate has to fulfill the application form first and register him or her for the respective level.
- The candidate now has to wait for the application form, on the day of the form application the candidate can go on the official website, and there they can fill the application form.
- Few days before the exams, the candidate will get the admit card. The candidate can download it from the official website.
- On the day of the examination, the candidate has to take care that candidate has these three documents: –
These three documents are necessary on the day of examination.
Recruitment Eligibility 2020
Every year the Railway Recruitment Board organizes the examination in which candidates are given an opportunity to be a part of the largest railway system and make a promising carrier in it. The first step for appearing in this examination is to check whether the candidate is eligible for the examination or not, there are various groups and categories in which the candidates are classified. The posts, which are offered in this examination, are RRB ALP, RRB JE, RRC Group D, SSC engineer.
The Whole railway department is divided into various sub-zones and departments, which work in coordination to make the railway travel across the country in an organized manner. The zonal departments of the railway consist of different categories of workers that are majorly classified as a technical and non-technical department which are the backbone of the entire department in every zone.
The candidates in every category allowed to give the examination must have a Bachelor Degree in any stream, the candidate’s record must be good, and the degree obtained must be from a recognized University or Institute. Typing is required in both Hindi and English on the computer from the candidates as it mandatory to have this skill.
Age relaxation in categories of RRB-
The SC/ST candidates are allowed a relaxation of 5 yrs. whereas the candidates of the OBC section is allowed with a 3 yrs. relaxation and 10yr relaxation for PWD candidates.
The major factors that determine the eligibility criteria are:
This examination is conducted for various posts like
All the categories mentioned above the eligibility criteria’s as follows
- Educational qualification
- Age limit
- Age relaxation
- Medical fitness of the candidate
The age limit set for the candidates who appear in the examination is that they should not be less than 18 yr. and must not exceed the 32 yr. age limit parameter. The criteria set for all posts under the Railway NTPC is calculated from1 January 2018 and is same for all.
Railway Recruitment Board ALP
According to the notice being published the candidates can apply for the RRB Railway Loco Pilot Eligibility RECRUITMENT 2018 but they must first be eligible for the exam according to the given points.
1. Age limit
- Educational Qualification
- Medical fitness
- The language in which the question must be answered
2. Educational Qualification
The candidate appearing for the examination must be ITI qualified in NCVT/SCVT) in their specific trade to apply for this designated post. The applicants must have completed their 10th standard from a recognized board and should also have a diploma in engineering.
The Age limit for Loco Pilot– The age limit in recent updates have been revised which candidates can check in the list below:
Railway Loco pilot medical criteria– The medical for these candidates is the highest standard and it must be maintained from the joining date till the time they are retired from this post of railway driver.
The language of the loco pilot examination- The candidates will be provided with an option in 15 different languages that are Hindi, English, Urdu, Kannada, Malayalam, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, Manipuri, Bengali, Konkani, and Gujarati.
Railway Loco Pilot Signature– The candidates can give their signature in any language other than Hindi and English.
RRB Junior Engineer & Senior Section Engineer
The Railway Recruitment Board has specifically given the candidates instruction to firstly fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria for the railway junior engineer eligibility & senior section engineer criteria.
The age limit for JE/SSE instructed by the RRB, which is for junior engineer post 18-25 yrs. In addition, for senior section, the instructed age limit is 20-34 yrs respectively.
The Selection Process of the Indian Railways system is as follows
The candidates may have to go through more than one written test examination depending upon the post they have applied for, the process will be divided into 2 sub exams which are Preliminary and the major examination.
Before filling application form candidates are required to fulfill the eligibility criteria. Below we shared the complete eligibility criteria for RRB Group D exam.
A candidate must be either
- An Indian citizen or
- A citizen of Nepal or
- A citizen of Bhutan or
- A Tibetan refugee who had come to India before 1 January 1962 and is permanently settled in India.
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Burma, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zaire, Zambia, Malawi, Ethiopia and Vietnam with an intention of permanently settling in India.
- Candidates belonging to any of the aforementioned categories must possess an eligibility certificate issued by the Government of India.
A candidate must be of minimum 18 years of age as on 1st July 2018.
The upper age limit must be 31 years as on 1st July 2018.
Age relaxation on upper age for various reserved categories is as follows:
- SC/ST – 5 years
- OBC (Non-creamy)- 3 years
- PWD (UR)- 10 years
- PWD(OBC)- 13 years
- PWD (SC/ST)- 15 years
- Candidates must be 10th passed.
- Appearing or candidates who are waiting for their result are not eligible.
- Candidates must be physically and mentally fit they have to go through a medical test.
RRB Group D Recruitment 2018
RRB Group D
RRB Group D vacancies 2018
RRB Group D Region-wise vacancies 2018
As every region is assigned with a specific number of vacancies candidates from these regions can apply through the links provided for these regions.
Railway RRB Group-D Pay Scale
Initial Pay- Rs. 18000/- plus allowances
RRB Group-D Important Dates 2018
Here is the schedule for Railway Group D 2018 exam.
Railway RRB Group D Application Form 2018
Application forms will be filled only through online mode. Before filling application form candidates are advised to carefully read the Centralised Employment Notice (CEN) available at the website of RRB for detailed information.
How To Fill RRB Group D Application 2018
Candidates can fill Railway recruitment 2018 application form by following the given steps below-
Railway RRB Group-D Application Fee 2018
Railway Recruitment 2018 Payment Mode
Railway Recruitment 2018 Important instructions regarding application form
Railway Recruitment 2018 Selection Procedure
RRB Group D Selection procedure will include the following stages-
Selection Process of RRC Group D Post: Railway Recruitment Cells (RRC), as announced in railway budget 2005-06, are being set up in all zonal headquarters and are responsible for recruitment of Group D posts. Every RRC would have a chairman in a selection grade. It comes under Indian Railways. Recently it was announced that approximately 62,907 vacant posts are there for the group D.
First, you must fill the application form by visiting the official website of Railways i.e. RRB.
Then you will see a link regarding “Indian Railway Group D recruitment”, You will see it in the notification area. Just click on it and read the documents. After that, you will see over there a link to apply online. Just click on it and the process will begin.
As your new candidate gift to register yourself by fulfilling the required details. And after doing it to pay the application fee, have to upload the photograph and SC/ST caste certificate.
And in the last submit the application and take a receipt by printing it.
Application fee payment details-
Selection Process of RRC Group D Post
Question paper in written exam will be based on according to the standard of class Xth. It will have a hundred multiple-choice type questions, which will include general knowledge/awareness, reasoning, mathematics etc.
It will not include questions check the proficiency in the language.
You will get 90 minutes to complete the written test. Minimum criteria for passing this exam is 40% for general caste candidates, 30% for SC/ST and OBC students.
Just remember that this exam as negative marking also. If you give the wrong answers than one mark will be deducted. Examiner keeps negative marking because they do not want people are selected by luck as they just the answer randomly and are selected. With the help of negative marking, the candidate will be serious and will be more focused on giving the exam and being selected further.
The result will be declared in a tabulated form of written examination as per the order of merits of students/candidates.RRB Group d result 2019 from here.
Physical Efficiency Test(Pet)
The candidates who have cleared written examination will be eligible to be called for PET test here the ratio is 1:3. Call letters will be given to the eligible candidates appear in it.
About male candidates-they are required to run a distance of 1500 m in one go in six minutes.
About female candidates-they are required to run a distance of 400 m in one go in three minutes.
The video will be recorded when this test will take place, this is because to keep the transparency and identifying the worthy candidates who are taking part in PET.
It will be supervised by a selection committee-three assistants scale officers by way of nomination.
Document Verification and Medical Examination
Routine health check-up will be done of the candidate. Candidates who fail to fulfill the medical requirement or are unsuitable for the applied post will not be given any alternative chance. Meeting medical standards are must. Please go through detailed standards you are handicapped.
Here, panels are strictly based on merit position acquired in the written examination. The life of the panel will be of two years’ periods. It can be extended by the GM for one year more.
It is analyzed by RRC i.e. railway recruitment cell. Panels should be equal to the number of vacancies only.
In the certain case where the number of candidates has not notified or not come within the given period of time, another panel was to the total number of candidates who have not turned up finally will be supplied by RRC by following the procedure of cancellation of appointment offer were given to the previous candidates. In any circumstances, candidates applied or replaced will never exceed the number of vacancies given by the railway.
RRC/Chairman will allow each candidate (who have successfully cleared the above requirements) the unit/revision by considering his/her merit position and the preference of unit/division etc.
NOTE: We have given you a systematic selection process and their criteria. However, we do not guarantee exam dates because they are subject to change as per any unforeseen event. Further, we have tried to give your idea of what each process of selection does; they may include other things also. We would advise you that you all should go to your respective state official railway website also for any latest information about exam and syllabus.
However, if you need any help feel free to reply in the comments section and allow us to help you further.
Railway Recruitment 2019 Group D Exam Pattern
RRB Group D exam will be a computer-based test i.e. online exam
RRB Group-D Exam Syllabus
BODMAS, Number system, Fractions, Decimals, Percentages, LCM, HCF, Ratio and Proportion, Mensuration, Time and Work; Time and Distance, Simple and Compound Interest, Profit and Loss, Algebra, Geometry and Trigonometry, Square root, Elementary Statistics, Age Calculations, Calendar & Clock, Pipes & Cistern etc.
It includes subjects like Physics, Chemistry and Life Sciences of 10th class level.
General Intelligence and Reasoning
Alphabetical and Number Series, Coding and Decoding, Analogies, Mathematical operations, Syllogism, Relationships, Data Interpretation and Sufficiency, Jumbling, Venn Diagram, Similarities and Differences, Conclusions and Decision making, Directions, Analytical Reasoning, Statement – Arguments and Assumptions, Classification etc.
General Awareness / current affairs
Candidates must prepare current affairs on topics like Science & Technology, Sports, Personalities, Politics, Economics and any other subjects of importance.
RRB Group-D Admit Card
Admit will be published on the official website at least 10 days before the date of exam. Admit card will not be sent by post it will be made available only through online mode. Candidates are required to carry a printout of the admit card along with a photograph and valid photo ID (viz. Voter Card, Driving License, PAN card, Aadhaar Card, printout of e-Aadhaar, Passport, Identity Card issued by the employer in case the candidate is a Govt. Employee, School / College / University Photo ID card etc) in original. Candidates without admit card will not be allowed to take exam.
This CBT exam will be followed by a Physical Efficiency Test which is mandatory and is qualifying in nature. The PET criteria are different for male and female candidates.
The criteria for PET is given below-
Should be able to carry and lift 35 kg of weight for a distance of 100 meters in 2 minutes in one chance. During this process, they are not allowed to out the weight down and should be able to cover a distance of 1000 meter by running in 4 minutes and 15 seconds in a single chance
- Female candidates should be able to lift and carry 20 kg of weight for a distance of 100 meters in 2 minutes in a single chance without outing the weight down and
- Should be able to cover a distance of 1000 meters in 5 minutes and 40 seconds in one chance.
PWD candidates are exempted from appearing in PET.
PET round will be followed by the Documents Verification where candidates have to provide all the required documents for verification.
The final result will be released on the official website. Therefore candidates are advised to check their emails and official website for latest updates.
RRB ALP & Grade III Technician Recruitment 2018
RRB has also released an application for the recruitment of Assistant Loco Pilot (17673) and Grade III Technicians (8829) for total 26502 posts across India. Candidates interested in working with Indian Railways must utilize this excellent opportunity. They can fill the online application form before the last, which has been extended 5 March 2018 to 31 March 2018.
Zone-wise vacancies of ALP and Grade III Technicians
RRB Alp Recruitment 2018 Overview
RRB Alp 2018 Pay Scale
Initial pay- 19000/- plus allowances
RRB Alp Application 2018 Important Dates
RRB ALP 2018 Application Form
How to fill the Application form
Important instructions regarding application form
- The application form will be filled only through online mode. No other mode is permitted.
- Candidates must apply only once as duplicate applications will be rejected.
- The modification can be made in the details of application form except in selected RRB with a modification fee of Rs. 250/- (non-refundable). Candidates are allowed to modify details only twice.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST category have to upload their caste certificates in the prescribed format.
- Candidates are advised to keep 10-12 copies of the same photograph they have uploaded in the application form as they (photographs) may be required at the time of recruitments.
RRB Alp Application Fee 2018
RRB Recruitment Payment Mode
- Online mode (Debit card/ Credit card/ net banking)
- SBI Bank Challan
- Post Office
RRB Alp 2018 Eligibility
A candidate must be either
- an Indian citizen or
- a citizen of Nepal or
- a citizen of Bhutan or
- A Tibetan refugee who has come to India before 1 January 1962 and is permanently settled in India.
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Burma, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zaire, Zambia, Malawi, Ethiopia and Vietnam with an intention of permanently settling in India.
- Candidates belonging to any of the aforementioned categories must possess an eligibility certificate issued by the Government of India.
RRB Recruitment ALP Age Limit
- A candidate must be of minimum 18 years of age as on 1st July 2018.
- The upper age limit must be 28 years as on 1st July 2018.
Age relaxation on upper age for various reserved categories is as follows:
- SC/ST – 5 years
- OBC (Non-creamy)- 3 years
- PWD (UR)- 10 years
- PWD(OBC)- 13 years
- PWD (SC/ST)- 15 years
RRB Recruitment ALP Qualification 2018
- Candidates must be passed matriculation/ SSLC plus ITI course from the recognized institute of NCVT/SCVT in respective trade or
- A 3 years diploma in the respective engineering department or
- Must have passed matriculation /SSLC plus Course Completed Apprenticeship in the respective trade.
RRB Recruitment Grade III Technician Qualification 2018
Candidates must be passed matriculation/ SSLC plus ITI course from a recognized institute of NCVT/SCVT in respective trade or
Must have passed matriculation /SSLC plus Course Completed Apprenticeship in the respective trade.
RRB Recruitment Alp Selection Procedure
RRB Selection procedure will include the following stages-
Syllabus and Pattern for First-Stage CBT
- It will be an online exam
- Duration of exam will be 60 minutes
- Total 70 questions will be asked.
- Negative marking scheme is there in this exam
Syllabus of first stage CBT will include topics from Mathematics, General intelligence, and reasoning, General science, and Current affairs.
Syllabus and Pattern For Second-Stage CBT
It will be divided into two parts.
Total Duration- 2 hours and 30 minutes (A and B part together)
- Duration- 90 minutes
- No. of questions- 100
Syllabus- Topics from Mathematics, General Intelligence and Reasoning, Basic Science and Engineering and General Awareness on Current Affairs
- Duration- 60 minutes
- No. of questions- 75
- Qualifying marks- 35%
RRB ALP & Grade 3 Technician 2018 Admit Card
Admit will be published on the official website at least 10 days before the date of exam. Admit card will not be sent by post it will be made available only through online mode. Candidates are required to carry a printout of the admit card along with a photograph (same as uploaded in the application form) and valid photo ID (viz. Voter Card, Driving License, PAN card, Aadhaar Card, a printout of e-Aadhaar, Passport, Identity Card issued by the employer in case the candidate is a Govt. The employee, School / College / University Photo ID card etc) in the original. Candidates without admit card will not be allowed to take the exam
RRB ALP & Grade III Technician 2018 Result
The result will be released after the commencement of examination on the official website. Candidates are advised to keep their registration number and password safe as it is required to check result and also required at various stages recruitment.
RRB ASM Recruitment 2018
The ASM (Assistance Station Master) is an important post for the person who wants to take this position as a career in it. Like it is an important position in the railway system the candidate will be working as an ASM in any of the railway stations in the country. It’s an Important position as authority position in Indian railway. If selected, the candidate will be work as ASM in any of the railway stations. The notification for the year 2018 has been released by the railway recruitment board for ASM. Around 50000 vacancies are there in Indian railways.
The candidate should have some qualities like: –
- Good leadership skills
- Team management
- Good communication skills
The notification for the 50000 vacancies has been posted on the official website of Indian railways, the eligible candidates can apply from 20-February-2018 to 22-March-2018 for the post of ASM.Some important points about this post.
- Name of the post – (ASM) assistant station master.
- Salary -34000 + allowances.
- Total vacancies- 50000.
- Qualification – graduation
- Age limit – 15 to 28 years.
- The candidate as to be the citizen of India.
- Official website – indianrailways.gov.in
RRB ASM Application Form 2018
The form will be available on the official website on the Indian railways and from there the interested candidates can go there and can register them self and can apply for this position and can be part of this vast and extraordinary workforce in India. the form will be on-air from 22 February 2018 to 22 March 2018.
Process of Registration
- The candidate has to log in the official website of Indian railways.
- The candidate will have to click on the link of the application form.
- Then that candidate has to register
- After registration, the candidate will get the registration number and password which will help them to utilize to get the admit card of ASM RRB and also to check their result in future.
General / OBC – Rs. 500
The candidates from SC/ST / MINORITES/ ALL FEMALE //EX-SERVICEMEN / PWD- RS-250.
The candidate has the two options for the fee payment for the paper i.e. by SBI bank and post office in India. The candidate can do an online payment by using a credit card and debit card or net banking till 22 March 2018. However, the last date of fee payment from any branch of SBI bank and from any post office in India is 20th February 2018 to 18th March 2018 respectively.
Steps of doing registration: –
- Click on the link in the official website.
- Click on new registration.
- Fill up with all detail of the candidate which is required.
- Before submitting the details please check that all entered details are correct or not.
- Click on submit.
Click on the payment option by using net banking.
- The candidate has to ask for the print of the admission form that he or she has filled for the future reference.
RRB ASM Eligibility Criteria 2018
The candidate which are thinking of the option of being as the ASM in Indian railways in future here the candidate has to look on some valuable points which are as follows: –
- The candidate has to be a citizen of India.
- The candidate has been a graduated from any recognized college or university in India.
- The candidate has an Aadhar card.
Minimum age -18 years.
Maximum age – 32 years.
The minimum age of for the candidate to apply for the level D is 18. But for the maximum age is around 32. Here the candidate is looking for being part this great organization. The reserved candidate and group C and staff with Serving with minimum of 3 years, SC/ST – 5 years, OBC (Non – Creamy Layer) – 3 years, Railway Staff (Group C & D)– 10 years, PWD (General) – 10 years, PWD (SC/ST) – 15 years, PWD (OBC) – 13 years, Ex-Servicemen – 3 years, Widows, Divorced Women – 5 years.
RRB ASM Examination Pattern
The candidate who is looking forward for the post of ASM is that they have to go for an important and there is two level of examination. The candidate has to pass the first level of examination then only the passed candidate will get an admit card for the second level of examination. Here the candidate has to pass both of the levels to get a job opportunity in this huge organization.
RRB ASM Syllabus 2018 & Exam Pattern
Computer Based Test Stage-1
- There will be 75 questions from the entire subject.
- Total time is 1 hour.
- Total marks are 75.
- The candidate has to pass the examination with the cut-off that will be decided by the RRB.
- This examination is for shortlisting purpose and getting the deserving candidate for the next level.
- The candidate who wants to work for this organization can apply for the opportunity and make his career.
- The candidate has to pass the examination in given attempts.
- The candidate has to complete the examination in the given time.
- The candidate has to score good marks to pass this level and move to the next level of examination.
RRB Computer Based Test Stage-2
The candidate, which has passed the first level of examination, they only will get the chance to give this level of examination. The level of this examination will be little strict and candidate has to clear it to get this job.
This examination is based on two-part A and B examination
Consists of mathematics, general intelligence, and reasoning, basic science, engineering, and general awareness of current affairs. These subjects are kept to check that the candidate has a general awareness on the topics and whether is the candidate is sound of general awareness.
- Total number of marks is 100
- A total number of question is 100.
- Total time 90 minutes.
- There will be negative marking of 1/3 for every wrong answer.
Here the candidate is tested in the subject of his or her technical trade and it is an important thing to pass.
- Total number of marks 75marks.
- Total number of question 75.
- Duration of examination is 60 minutes.
- There will be negative marking for every wrong answer around 1/3.
ASM Admit Card for the Paper-
How Candidate Can Get the Admit Card
The candidate has to follow some steps that are as follow: –
Importance of examination
- The candidate will get the roll number which is printed in the admit card which he or she has to fill in the answer sheets.
- The candidate has to take it to the venue on the day of examination.
- The photograph of the candidate will ensure the identity of the candidate.
- The examination and date and time is mention in the document.
- The candidate has to ensure that his or she admit card has all the correct details about his or her identity.
The candidate who is preparing for this examination has to have a good knowledge about the syllabus of both the examination which they can get from the official website of Indian railways and from there they can download the PDF syllabus and can prepare for the examination with full concentration. Here candidate has to ensure that they have all sufficient and important skills, for this important post of assistant station master (ASM) which is conducted by the Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) in India.
The candidate has to ensure that they have the original copy of the admit card and hall ticket on the day of examination if they did not have it they will not get enter in the examination room by the authorities. The candidate can also take the original copy of the Aadhaar card in the examination center on the day.
RRB VS RRC
The jobs of railway recruitment fall into the category of central government. It is the dream of every Indian to work in the Railways, I will say that if you are planning to do a job in Railways it will be the wisest decision that you will make, because it may guarantee a secure life and be settled down in future. However, not every vision is achievable easily and the case is the same in this department. The competition very high, every year lakhs of candidates apply for thousand jobs so you can imagine how much you have to prepare for the entrance examination in the post you are looking for is a dream.
The difference between RRB vs RRC are mentioned below-
Railway Recruitment Board (RRB)
- RRB works under Indian Railways. It was founded on 27/4/1998. It is managed and controlled by the Ministry of Railways i.e. government of India.
- RRB exams are being conducted for 21 regional boards (rural). It includes Ahmedabad, Ajmer Allahabad, Bangalore, Bhopal, Chennai, Gorakhpur, Mumbai, Patna, Ranchi, Siliguri etc.
- It mainly conducts exams for group C. The candidate should be at least 10th or 12th passed or have an ITI certificate.
- Posts like senior section engineer, Jr engineer, assistant Loco pilot etc. all these exams are conducted by RRB.
- About salary-new employees get a grade pay which ranges from ₹2800 to 4800 and it will increase over time.
- It formulates the policies for recruitment procedures. All the expenses incurred by different activities are monitored under RRB.
- Every year RRB conducts for the exams- RRB assistant loco pilot (ALP), RRB Jr engineer(JE), RRB senior section engineer(SSE), RRB non-technical jobs(NTPC), STATION MASTER.
Railway Recruitment Cell (RRC)
It works under Indian Railways, RRC conducts examination for railway recruitment zones like Central Railway i.e. zonal headquarters in Mumbai, Eastern Railway i.e. zonal headquarters in Kolkata, East coast railway i.e. zonal headquarters in Bhubaneshwar, southern railway i.e. Chennai etc.
- RRC mainly focuses on group D railway jobs and exams for the same. The announcement was made in the Railway budget of 2005-06. It is supervised by Deputy Chief personnel i.e. who is appointed by an assistant personal Officer along with 10 staff in group C and D.
- Recruitment requirement for workshops/divisions/production units falling under the territorial jurisdiction for the zonal railway will be put together for the process of recruitment.
- Salary-new employee gets grade pay from ₹1800 to ₹2400. It will increase the time to time.
- Exams like for Trackman, helper, goods guard etc. are conducted by RRC.
- A person should be at least 10th or 12th passed as per the job specifications.
Following recruitments are handled by RRC-
- In the southern railway and integral Coach factory for recruitment of group D.
- Again in southern railway but against Scouts and Guides quota for group D.
- Again in southern railway for scouts and guides but for the group C.
- For cultural quota- group C recruitment in southern railway.
- Candidate should keep in mind that if he or she got is applying for more than one category of posts then also only one application has to be submitted.
In selection procedure candidate is to go from PET i.e. physical efficiency test, followed by the written test. After clearing that, the medical examination will be there and document verification.
RRB Helpline Number
You got into some problem or have doubt relating Railway job. On the other hand, you may want to know something from the RRB about the application form, admit card etc. then either you can ask us in the comment form at the end of this article or you can take the RRB Recruitment Helpline number from the table below of your region.
Recruitment in Indian Railways is organized by Railway Recruitment Board. There are total 21 RRBs situated in different parts of India, which are responsible for recruitment of employees in their particular zone. All the 21 RRBs are participating authority in the recruitment of Assistant Loco Pilot and Group-D posts.
These RRBs have the responsibility to help candidates if they are facing any kind of problems regarding the application form or related to the recruitment procedure. Candidates can freely ask for help from RRB through which they have applied.
To help candidates we have to provide all the helpline and support details in this article. Candidates can contact to respective RRB in case of any problem with help of helpline numbers provided in this article.
RRB Customer care number 2019
Candidates counter end number of problems during the process of recruitment. These problems may occur-
At the time of filling Online Application form. Candidates face most of the difficulties at this time like some students are not able to login, some of them do not receive OTP (One Time Password) at their emails and mobile number at the time of registration, some do not receive notifications, some of them are not able to upload photograph or any other required documents, sometimes they make mistakes in application form
At the time of admit card download, Sometimes candidates miss their admit cards, Sometimes it happens that they encounter mistakes in the information mentioned in admit card etc. These are some major problems, which candidates face.
RRB Customer Care Number
RRB Helpline Number State Board Wise
RRB ZONE Phone No:
- 9:30 A.M. – 5:30 P.M.: +91 – 98400 01274
- Monday to Saturday: +91 – 98400 01275
- Additional Helpline No: +91 – 98400 01276
RRB West Region Helpline Number:
RRB East Central Region Contact Number:
RRB Northern Region Support Number
Keep visiting our page for more information related to Railway recruitments Information. You can also write your queries/problems related to RRB recruitment 2019 in the comment box below.