Suman Scheme Registration Online 2020 ऑनलाइन आवेदन Date Surakshit
Suman Scheme 2020: The government Of India launches different schemes for the welfare of the countrymen from time to time. Though everyone should be aware of these schemes if you are preparing for the competitive exam then you need to be aware of the schemes launched by the government. Here in this article, we will tell you about Suman Scheme.
What Is Suman Scheme?
Suman is an abbreviation for Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan (PMSMA) . This scheme is launched by the union government as its name suggests this scheme is to offer quality healthcare to pregnant women, new mothers, and newborn children at zero cost. The main aim of launching this scheme is to progress in reducing maternal mortality. The scheme was launched on 10 October 2019 by Union Health and Family Welfare Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan.
Facilities Under Suman Scheme
As we stated above that the main of this scheme is to offer the medical facilities to the pregnant ladies and newborn babies. After registration in Suman Scheme, the women will become eligible to get many facilities to offer by the government. Under this scheme, the pregnant ladies of APL and BPL families are covered. To offer the best medical facilities and consultation to the pregnant ladies this scheme was launched. Now the pregnant ladies and 0 to 6 months old newborn babies can avail of all the required medical facilities at free of cost. All the required medical tests during the pregnancy will be done by the government free of cost.
The main features of this scheme are as follows;
- Under this scheme, pregnant women or newborn babies are entitled to get several free services at public health facilities.
- The free health services include at least four antenatal check-ups.
- Minimum one check-up in all three trimesters of pregnancy is a must and it will be free of cost.
- Along with this, the beneficiaries will be entitled at least one checkup under Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan, Iron Folic Acid supplementation, Tetanus, Diptheria injection and other components of comprehensive ANC package and six home-based newborn care visits.
- In this scheme zero expense access will be given to the lady to identification and management of complications during and after the pregnancy.
- The scheme will also ensure the required and respectful care with privacy and dignity.
- The lady after the delivery will get early initiation and support for breastfeeding.
- The newborn will get zero dose vaccination and free and zero expense in case of any sickness.
Why Suman Scheme Was Required
In India, we already have civil hospitals and now the government has also launched the Ayushmaan Yojna then why Suman Scheme is launched. The answer to this obvious question is to offer the best services to pregnant women, new mothers and newborn babies.
After reading about the scheme now you must have understood that this scheme is for the pregnant ladies and newborn babies. No expense policy helps both the lady and the baby surety of good health and quality of care to the mothers and newborn babies.
Suman Scheme 2020
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), the quality of care for mothers and newborns can be defined as “the extent to which health care services provided to individuals and patient populations improve desired health outcomes. In order to achieve this, health care must be safe, effective, timely, efficiently integrated, equitable and people-centered.”
The data of the government of India shows that the maternal mortality rate in India has declined from 254 per 1,00,000 live births in 2004-06 to 130 in 2014-16. In short to understand the data we can say that between 2001 and 2016, the infant mortality rate came down from 66 per 1,000 live births to 34. The figures are motivating and appreciating the work of the government and the health ministry.
Eligibility Criteria For Suman Scheme
Here are the eligibility criteria were to apply for the SUMAN scheme:-
- All pregnant women from all categories and BPL and APL are eligible to get the benefit of this scheme.
- Newborns from 0 to 06 months old are also eligible for the scheme.
- After deliver the lactating mothers up to 6 months of delivery will also be able to avail of the benefits of the scheme.
Health Facilities Under The Scheme
In Rural Areas
- Primary Health Centers
- Community Health Centers
- Rural Hospitals
- Sub-District Hospital
- District Hospital
- Medical College Hospital
- First Urban Dispensaries
- Second Urban Health Posts
- Third Maternity Homes
How To Register For The Scheme
The Suman Scheme was introduced in 2016 and until now it has been implemented in all the states of the country. All the civil hospitals of all the districts have been instructed to follow the instruction of Health Ministry. The scheme has been already implemented on the women and the babies that come in the eligibility criteria. To avail of the facilities of this scheme, you need to visit the civil hospital in your area.
The Bottom Line
The Suman Scheme is launched to improve the maternal mortality rate and infant mortality rate. The scheme is the need of the hour as in villages still the women have to deliver the baby at home due to lack of facilities and money. With this scheme now the medical facilities will be available to all pregnant women of the country irrespective of their financial condition.