TNEA Rank List 2019 Declared @ tneaonline.in Merit list, Counselling
TNEA Rank List 2019 @ tneaonline.in: Rank list has been published on the official websites. TNEA rank list was scheduled to be published 20th June 2019. If you are also waiting for rank list, you have to check the same by using your login details. On the basis of ranks, candidates will be invited for counseling.
Latest: TNEA Rank list has been declared at tneaonline.in on 20th June 2019. Check Link below.
TNEA (Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission) is a single window admission system for the admission of suitable candidates to B.Tech./ B.E at the Government, Government Aided Engineering Colleges, University Departments & Constituent Colleges of Anna University, Annamalai University, and various other Self–Financing Engineering Colleges in the state of Tamil Nadu.
TNEA Rank List 2019
Directorate of Technical Education (DoTE), Government of Tamil Nadu is the authority responsible for organizing TNEA every year. Allotment of seats is purely based on the merit of the candidates in the qualifying exam. No separate entrance test is conducted for admission. On the basis of marks in qualifying exam, merit and rank list will be prepared. Along with overall rank list, TNEA will also prepare a community rank list.
This article contains all the important details related to TNEA rank list for the year 2019 such as schedule for publication of rank list, procedure to check rank list, admission, and counseling, etc.
TNEA Rank list Important Dates 2019
Check the rank list publication and counseling dates given in the table below-
Certificate verification at TFCs
6th to 11th June 2019
Publication of rank list
17th July 2019
Counseling for Special Reservation categories (in person)
20th July 2019
21st July 2019
22nd July 2019
Commencement of Counseling
3th July 2019
End of counseling
30th July 2019
How to download TNEA Rank list 2019?
You can access TNEA rank list online by following the given steps-
- Go to the official websites of TNEA (mentioned above)
Click on relevant link provided for TNEA rank list.
- Rank card login page will display.
- Enter the user ID and password and other login details (if required).
- Click on submit button.
- Rank list will appear.
- Check the allotted rank.
- Download and take print out of the rank list and keep it safe for future purpose.
Read: TNEA Application form
TNEA 2019 Rank list Details
TNEA rank list is expected to indicate following details-
- Name of the candidate
- Application number
- Date of birth
- Father’s name
- Mother’s name
- Candidate’s address
- Marks obtained
- Result status
- Rank obtained
- Other result details
TNEA Merit list 2019
Ranks will be allotted to all the registered candidates on the basis of merit in the qualifying exam. Basically, TNEA merit list is prepared on the basis of marks obtained in the prescribed subjects viz. Maths, Physics, and Chemistry which is reduced to 200 (i.e. Mathematics- 100, Physics- 50 & Chemistry-50).
If two candidates secure equal marks, then the inter-se-merit among the candidates will be determined in the order of priority as given below-
- Marks percentage in Mathematics,
- Marks percentage in Physics
- Marks percentage in fourth optional subject
- Date of birth- older candidate will be considered
- Random number assigned to candidates (higher number will be given priority)
TNEA Normalization of Marks
The merit list be prepared on the basis of normalization of marks. Normalization process is used because applicants belong different Boards of education and may result in advantage to disadvantage to candidates.
The adopting the method of normalization of marks, marks obtained by the candidates in the respective subjects in qualifying exam of various boards are equated with the marks obtained by the candidates of Tamil Nadu state board.
After the normalization of marks, the qualified candidates will be listed in the common merit list.
TNEA Rank list- Grievances Redressal
After the publication of rank list, a week is reserved for redressing the queries and grievances of the candidates related to the ranks allotted. In case of any issues related to TNEA rank list, candidates can contact to the Office of the Secretary, TNEA at Directorate of Technical Education, Chennai 600 025.
TNEA 2019 Counseling
After the publication of rank list, DTE, Tamil Nadu will conduct counseling for the allotment of seats and admission. TNEA counseling will be conducted in online mode. On the basis of rank list, candidates will be invited for counseling.
Counseling process will consist of logging in, payment of counseling fee, filling of choices, locking of choices, tentative allotment, confirmation of tentative allotment, final allotment, and admission.
The final seat allotment and admission will be done on the basis overall rank, community rank, availability of seats, choices filled by the candidates and reservation applicable.
Rules of Reservation
Seat allocation will be done for various categories of the candidates as per the reservation rule. Have a look at the category-wise reservation provided as per the discretion of state government-
TNEA Rank List 2019- Key points
- TNEA rank list will be published on 17th July 2019.
- Overall rank list and community rank list will be hosted online and no separate announcement will be published on newspaper.
- No hard copy of rank list will be generated.
- Candidates can use their user ID and password to check the rank list.
- Ranks will be allotted to the candidates on the basis of merit list.
- To the prepare, the merit list, process of normalization of marks is adopted.
- On the basis of ranks, candidates will be shortlisted for counseling and will be allotted seats and branches as per their choices.
- In case of grievances related to TNEA rank list, candidates can contact at the address mentioned above in this article.