NTA UGC NET [email protected]: UGC NET (National Eligibility Test) is one of the important and toughest national level exams conducted for fellowship and lectureship in India.
UGC NET exam is conducted to assess and determine the eligibility of Indian nationals for the Eligibility for Assistant Professor only or Junior Research Fellowship & Eligibility for Assistant Professor both in Indian Universities and Colleges. Till 2018 it was conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) but now it will be conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA).
Latest update: NTA Has extended the last date of submitting the online application till 16 May 2020. (Check notice given below)
Update: The application for NTA UGC NET June 2020 is available now.(link is given below)
Recently NTA has announced the dates for UGC NET 2020 examination. The exam is scheduled to be conducted in various shifts from 15th to 20th June 2020 at the different centers established across India. From 2019 onwards NET will be conducted in online mode. Candidates can fill the online application form from 16th March 2020. So, those who are preparing for this exam buckle up your shoes.
UGC NET 2020 Application Form
Here in this article, candidates will get all the important details about NTA UGC NET 2020 application form, exam dates, eligibility, important changes, syllabus, pattern, admit card, etc.
NTA UGC NET Application Dates 2020
UGC NET Application Eligibility 2020
Before filling out an application form applicants need to check the required eligibility criteria for the particular examination. Eligibility criteria for NTA UGC NET 2020 exams are as follows-
- The upper age limit for Junior Research Fellow is 30 years as on 31st January 2020.
- There is no age limit for Assistant Professor.
- There is a relaxation of 5 years on the upper age limit for OBC-NCL, SC, ST, women, and PwD
Educational qualification criteria-
- Candidates must have a Master’s degree or equivalent with at least 55% (50% for OBC/ SC/ST/ PWD and candidates belonging to Non-creamy layer) marks without rounding off from UGC recognized University.
- Final year appearing candidates or whose final result is still awaited are eligible for NET 2020.
How to apply for UGC NET June 2020 Application Form
The application form will be released on 16th March 2020. Candidates can fill the application form through the official website of NTA before the last date i.e. 16th May 2020.
Candidates can follow the given procedure to fill the online registration form-
Candidates are not required to send the printed copy of the application fee to the NTA office. Candidates must fill all the details carefully in the application form.
UGC NET June 2020: Apply now
- Candidates can make the payment of application fee through the online mode.
- The application fee is non-transferable and non-refundable. Once paid it will not be returned to the candidates under any circumstance.
- In case if there would be any changes in the NET 2020 exam, the same will be updated here.
NTA UGC NET 2020 Exam Pattern
The New exam pattern for NTA UGC NET 2020 examination is as follows-
- The exam will be conducted in online mode i.e. Computer Based Test.
- The exam paper will consist of two papers in two sessions.
- First Session (Paper-1)
Timing- 9:30 am to 10:30 am
Duration- 1 hourTotal number of questions- 50Total marks- 100 marks (2 marks each)Questions type- Objective type questions
- Second Session (Paper-2)
Timing- 11:00am to 1:00 amDuration- 2 hourTotal number of questions- 100Total marks- 200 marks
Questions type- Objective type questions
- The medium of the exam will be either Hindi or English depending on the candidate’s choice.
- There is no provision for negative marking.
UGC NET 2020 Syllabus
NTA UGC NET 2020 exam consists of two papers. The questions asked in paper-1 are designed to test the aptitude, general awareness, reason power and comprehension and intelligence of the candidates. So, candidates have to prepare according to that. The second paper will be based on the core subject of the candidate.
NTA UGC NET Admit Card 2020
NTA will issue the UGC NET Admit Card to the registered candidates through the official website. Candidates can download the admit cards from
15th May 2020. No, the admit card will be delivered personally to candidates through post or any other medium. All the candidates are required to carry their admit cards to the examination hall on the day of the exam as no candidate will be allowed to write the exam without a valid admit card.
UGC NET 2020 Answer Keys
Once the exam is over NTA will publish the answer key to all sets of the NET questions. Answers keys will be released a few days after the conduction of the exam. Candidates can also challenge the answer key if they are not satisfied.
NTA UGC NET Result 2020
UGC NET 2020 result is scheduled to be released on 05th July 2020. The result will be made available on the official website NTA on the scheduled date.
Candidates are advised to stay in touch with the official website of NTA and our page to get the regular news and updates about UGC NET 2020 exam.