UPSC IAS 2020 Notification (Out) Exam Dates, Application Form & Eligibility
UPSC IAS Notification 2020, Exam Date, how to apply for UPSC Civil exam 2020: @ www.upsc.gov.in: As per the official calendar, the notification for the UPSC IAS Exam 2020 is released on 12 February 2020. Candidates, who want to know all information regarding the IAS Exam 2020, can refer to this page. Let’s have an overview of the important aspects of the UPSC Civil Services Examination 2020.
Candidates who look forward to serving the nation through joining the civil services, have to clear the exam conducted by UPSC. The UPSC recruits candidates for various departments under the Government of India.
The examination comprises of three-phase recruitment process i.e. Preliminary (MCQ’s Paper), Mains (Descriptive) and the Interview. The examinations will be followed in a sequence that the aspirants clearing the preliminary phase will move to mains examination and so on. The final merit is generated on the marks obtained in the Mains and Interview round. Preliminary marks are not considered, as it is only a screening test to select candidates for the mains exam.
UPSC IAS Notification 2020
Around 10-12 lakhs candidates appear in the UPSC IAS Exam. The figure tells the importance of the exam. It is considered the best job, which provides power and money at the same time. The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts the exam for recruiting the Civil Servants. The exam is held once in a year. The mode of examination is offline. The total number of services included in the exam are Twenty-four, in which the most popular services are Indian Administrative Services (IAS), Indian Police Service (IPS), Indian Revenue Service (IRS) and Indian Foreign Service (IFS).
UPSC IAS 2020 Important Dates
The important dates for the UPSC IAS Exam 2020 are-:
Centre for UPSC IAS Preliminary Phase Examination
- The centres allotted for the preliminary phase examinations are
- The centres allotted for the Mains examinations are
* Allotment of Centres will be on the “first-apply-first allot” basis, and once the capacity of a particular Centre is attained, the same will be frozen. Applicants, who cannot get a Centre of their choice due to ceiling, will be required to choose a Centre from the remaining ones
UPSC Indian Administrative Service Eligibility Criteria 2020
- Candidates applying for the IAS, IPS and IFS must be a citizen of India.
- For other services, a candidate must be either a subject of Nepal, Bhutan or who have come to India before 1st January 1962 with an intention to permanent settlement in India.
- In the above case, the candidate has to show the eligibility certificate issued by the Government of India.
- The crucial date of eligibility is 1st August 2020.
- Candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years.
- Relaxation will be given at upper age to a maximum of 3 years for OBC, Defence Personnel. (disabled during working)
- Relaxation maximum up to 5 years for Ex-Serviceman who have rendered 5 years of service to Army.
- Relaxation maximum up to 10 years for Pwd.
Minimum Education Qualification
- The candidate must have a graduation degree from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared deemed under the University Grant Commission Act 1956.
- Candidate at the final year of their graduation is also eligible.
Number of Attempts
- The number of attempts includes the preliminary examinations.
are given to the Unreserved/General candidates.
- Nine attempts for Pwd and OBC candidates.
- There is no maximum number of attempts for SC and ST candidates.
UPSC Examination Calendar
How to Apply for UPSC IAS Application Form 2020
The online applications for filling the application form for UPSC IAS 2020 will start from 13 February 2020. Candidates can visit the official portal to fill the application form. We will be providing you with the direct link to fill your application once the official notification is uploaded on the official website.
Please follow some simple steps to fill the application form.
- Please check the complete eligibility and go through the article before applying to the recruitment.
- Click on the official website of UPSC @ https://upsconline.nic.in/index.php
- Click on the tab showing “Online Application for Various Examination of UPSC”.
- The first part of registration includes basic details about the candidate.
- Complete the details asked in the first part of registration.
- Details of registration number and password will be sent to your registered mail id. and mobile no.
- Proceed to the second part of Registration.
- Upload your photograph, thumb expression and signature to the second part of registration.
- Please review your application form before final submission.
- Proceed towards fees, which can be submitted through various online medium of transactions i.e. Credit/ Debit card, Internet Banking etc.
- Take a copy of the transaction and save the file for future references.
Plan of Examination for UPSC IAS 2020
The examination constitutes of following successive stages:
- Preliminary Examination
The preliminary examination will comprise of two objective type paper. The maximum marks will be 400 and 2 hours will be given for each subject. The representation for the plan of the preliminary exam is
*Candidate have to attempt both the papers. Paper 2 will be qualifying in nature with 33% as minimum qualifying marks.
- Mains Examination
The main exam will be subjective. The examination comprises of nine
- Qualifying Paper
- Ranking Based Paper
The candidates shortlisted from the mains examination will appear for the interview round. The interview round contains 275 marks. The candidate has to score good marks in the interview session to achieve high rankings on the merit list. We have provided the syllabus for the Interview of UPSC IAS 2020.
UPSC IAS Syllabus 2020
The syllabus for Preliminary examination will cover the topics from the given subjects for both papers (I & II).
The syllabus for Mains examination will cover the topic from the given subject for
Qualifying Papers on Indian Language and English
The main motive of the test is to examine the reading and writing skills and to understand serious discursive prose and to express his ideas correctly in English and Indian Language concerned. The pattern will comprise the question from-:
Merit-based paper syllabus including optional subjects
Candidates have to write on multiple topics. The writing skills are to be checked through the test. Candidates are advised to use basic skills for writing an essay and should use facts and figure (approx.) to make the essay look more factual.
Paper-II General Studies-I (Indian Heritage and Culture, History and Geography of the World and Society)
Paper-III General Studies –II (Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International relations)
Paper-IV General Studies –III (Technology, Economic Development, Bio-diversity, Environment, Security and Disaster Management)
Paper-V General Studies –IV (Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude)
Paper-VI & VII Optional Subject Papers (I & II)
For detailed syllabusClick Here
List of Optional Subject for Mains Exam
UPSC IAS Exam Previous Year Cut off
The recommendation details and the cut off marks category wise for the candidates who applied for the UPSC Civil Services in 2018 is depicted below-:
Candidates belonging to PwBD category
*The Cut off marks are generated based on GS Paper-I only. GS Paper-II was of qualifying nature with 33% marks.
UPSC IAS 2020 FAQ’s
The maximum of six and nine attempts are given to the General and Pwd/OBC candidates respectively. There is no maximum number of attempts for SC/ST candidates.
For the direct link for all syllabus of the optional subjects, Click Here
In the initial level after the implementation of the 7th pay commission, the salary is around 56000 without including allowances. The officers also enjoy various allowances as DA, HRA and TA.
For Latest Updates regarding the UPSC IAS Exam, Please do not forget to Bookmark this Page and feel free to provide your valuable feedback in the section below. We will be glad to answer each of your queries.