UPSC SO Steno
Recruitment 2020: Union Public Service
Commission (UPSC) releases the notification for the recruitment of the
candidates on various posts. Recently UPSC has released the UPSC SO
Steno notification for the recruitment of
Section Officer (SO) and Stenographers Grade B/Grade 1. In this article, we have compiled the
information about the UPSC SO recruitment procedure 2020. All those candidates
who are looking to get a government job can apply for the vacancies released by
Aspirants should read the eligibility criteria set by the UPSC
for the vacancies of SO and Stenographers. If they fulfill the all the
conditions then the candidates can apply online for UPSC SO Steno Recruitment
2020 vacant posts.
It’s essential for the applicants to read and fill the
application form very carefully. The candidates will not get any chance to edit
their application after submitting it. So read more information about UPSC SO
Steno application form, interested candidates can scroll down.
UPSC SO Steno Recruitment 2020
UPSC SO Steno Online apply
To apply for the vacancies available with UPSC on the post
of SO Steno the applicants will have to fill the application forms. The
application forms will be available online on the official website of the UPSC.
The notification about releasing the application form will be released by UPSC
in October 2020 only.
Here we have compiled the information on the recruitment
based on the previous year’s notification. Generally, there is no big change has
been witnessed in the notifications for this post if something will appear then
the same will be updated here. The number of available vacancies will be
released by the UPSC in the notification for 2020 only.
How to apply for UPSC SO Steno Recruitment 2020
To apply for the vacancies of SO and Steno the applicants
will have to visit the official website of UPSC. The application form will be
released there only and it will be submitted online only. After online
submission, a hard copy of the application form will be sent to the UPSC.
Further in this section, you will get to know about the complete process to
apply for the UPSC SO/Steno Vacancies 2020.
Before filling the application
form to apply for the vacancies, candidates have to register themselves by
providing an email address and mobile number. Once
the registration process will get completed the applicants will get a password
on their registered mobile number. To login on the page, this password will be
login on the page to apply for the vacant Posts, the applicants will have to
enter their personal details and details about their education, service and
experience. It is a must for the applicants to verify all the detail mentioned
in the application form before submitting it. Applicants will not get any
chance to modify their application form after submitting it.
After submitting the application
form the candidates will have to send a printed copy of application form to
UPSC. Candidates have to send the form before last day of submission to the
below given address –
Under secretary (E-VI), Union Public Service Commission, Dholpur House, Shahjahan Road, New Delhi – 110069.
Also Check: UPSC CISF AC LDCE admit card
Eligibility To Apply For UPSC SO/Steno 2020
To apply for the vacancies of the SO and Steno the
candidates will have to check their eligibility first. When the UPSC will
release the notification for 2020 vacancies then it will also release the
eligibility criteria. Meanwhile here we have compiled the information based on
2019’s notification for the recruitment on the same post.
- Category 1 – To apply for the vacancy of Section Officers’ Grade of the Central Secretariat Service the candidates must have 5 years of approved work experience with 4 annual performance appraisals. On educational qualification, the candidate must have s bachelor’s degree.
- Category 2 – To apply for the vacant posts of Sections Officers’ Grade (Integrated Grade II & III) of the General Cadre of the Indian Foreign Service, Branch ‘B’ the candidates must have 5 years of approved work experience of Grade IV general cadre OR Grade II of Cypher sub-cadre, branch B of IFS OR all the mentioned criteria.
- Category 3 – For the vacancies of Section Officers’ Grade of the Railway Board Secretariat Service, the applicant must have 5 years of approved work experience in the assistant grade of Railways Board Secretariat Service OR Grade II or Grade C of Railway Board secretariat. Candidates fulfilling both eligibilities can also apply.
- Category 4 – For the post of Private Secretary Grade of the Central Secretariat Stenographers’ Service the required experience is of a minimum of 3 years in Central Secretariat Grade Stenographer Service. Candidates should possess a bachelor’s degree to apply for this category.
- Category 5 – For Grade I of the Stenographers’ Cadre post in the Indian Foreign Service, Branch ‘B’ the candidates having 5 years of continuous work experience in Grade II of Steno Cadre of IFS, branch B are eligible.
- Category 6 – For Grade ‘A & ‘B’ merged of the Armed Forces Headquarters Stenographers’ Service the aspirant must have 3 years for continuous work experience in Armed Force Headquatered service in Grade II/Grade C.
- Category 7 – For Grade ‘B’ of the Railway Board Secretariat Stenographer’s Service the minimum required experience is of 3 years that too continuous and approved work experience in Grade II/Grade C of Railway Board Stenographer Service.
- Category 8 – Section Officers’ Grade of the Intelligence Bureau vacancy demands for the candidate who is permanently or regularly appointed as temporary Assistant/Steno of IB provided that they have 4 years of work experience. In case, candidates are selected through LDCE, the exam must not be held 5 years before the crucial date.
- Category 9 – For Private Secretary Grade in Employees’ State Insurance Corporation the aspirant needs to have 3 years of approved and continuous work experience in Personal Assistant Grade in employees State Insurance Corporation.
UPSC SO/Steno Exam
All those candidates who are preparing for the SO or Steno
Recruitment exam conducted by UPSC can refer to the below given exam pattern.
The below mentioned pattern will help them to understand the number of
questions they can expect on the recruitment examination;
Exam Pattern for Paper-I
UPSC SO/Steno Selection Procedure 2020
Here have a look at the selection procedure followed by the
UPSC to select the candidates on the vacant posts. Based on the written
examination conducted by the UPSC the selection of the candidates will be
conducted. On scoring of the minimum cut off marks in the written examination,
the candidates will be called for the evaluation round. After evaluation, the
eligibility of the candidates will get verified once again and they will get
selected after this on the vacant posts.
UPSC SO/Steno Admit Card 2020
UPSC will publish the e-admit card for all the candidates
who have applied for the vacancies and are eligible to take the recruitment
examination. The admit card or hall ticket is the essential document and the
candidates will have to show it at the time of written examination for the post
they have applied for. The admit card will be available on the official site of
UPSC the candidates can download the same from there by entering their login id
It is expected that the admission card will be released 3
weeks before conducting the written examination. Along with the official admit
card released by UPSC the candidates will have to carry one other photo id
proof like voter id card, PAN card, Passport and any other. The hall ticket for
the admission will be having following details imprinted on it;
- Name of the candidate
- Address of the test center
- Month and year of the examination
- Complete address as provided by the candidate
- Registration Id/ roll number
UPSC SO/Steno Result 2020
After completing the process of the recruitment exam, UPSC
will release the result of the written examination. The UPSC SO/Steno result
will be released online on its official website. The final result will be released after the
evaluation round. The applicants will also get a merit list released by UPSC
that will have the name and rank of the candidates based on their performance
in the exam. As per the process, UPSC will also release a category wise list of
the selected candidates.
The Last Word
The candidates who are looking to fill the application form to apply for the vacancies need to start their preparation. We will update you when the UPSC SO/Steno official notification for the vacancies will be released, we will update the post.