EVP Voter ID Electors Verification Program (EVP) 2020: How to Update
EVP Voter ID correction and verification Electors Verification Program (EVP) 2020: Election Commission of India (ECI) launched its mega Electoral Verification Program (EVP) on the 1st of September 2019 (Sunday) across the country. This mega launch took place in all the state and Union Territories of India. The program aimed to update and authenticating electoral details through crowdsourcing. In this article, we have provided details of EVP program, how to update voter ID details through NVSP EVP, add family member, the objective of Voter ID EVP scheme.
Update: EVP last date extended up to 18th November 2019 for all states except for Delhi which is 31st October 2019 due to SSR, 2020.
The Commission has extended the period for completion of EVP and accordingly changed the schedule of SSR, 2020. As general election to the Legislative Assembly of Delhi is due in the first quarter of next year, a separate schedule has been fixed for EVP and SSR, 2020 in Delhi.
Update: Millions of citizen of India have taken benefit of EVP program for updating and correcting details easily online, take benefit of this program by
15th October 2019 Date extended upto 18th November, 2019. Check how to do correction/updation below.
During the launch of this one-stop solution for verification and authentication of Voter ID electoral’s detail on Sunday, Chief Election Commissioner of India Sunil Arora said, “Electoral roll is the foundation of India on which the entire foundation of the superstructure of Election Commission of India stands. I urge all the citizens to participate in the verification program so that the Commission can provide better electoral services in all forthcoming elections.”
Election Commissioner Ashok Lavasa also explained the importance of healthy EVP and said just like FIT INDIA campaign launched a few days back was meant to keep all the citizens healthy EVP is launched to improve the health of electoral roll in the country.
It was a “Mega Million” launch program as it was launched on the same day and the same time an the entire country. To give a start to this program, the employees of the Commission authenticated and verified their electoral details along with the details of their family.
Electoral Verification Program Explained in Hindi | ऑनलाइन इलेक्टर्स वेरिफिकेशन करने का पूरा तरीका | How to Apply for Voter ID Card Online in Hindi | Voter ID Application Status चेक कैसे करें
Electors Verification Program (EVP) 2020
This program was launched at all the levels viz.- State/UT level by 32 Chief Election Officers (CEOs), District level by about 700 District Election Officers (DEOs) and at around 1 million Polling Stations by Booth Level Officers (BLOs) / EROs. Along with this, it was also launched simultaneously at all the voter awareness forums of govt. and non-govt. organizations and all ELC platforms of Colleges and schools.
The program has started from 1st September and will continue till 18th NOV, 2019.
Under this program, the existing electoral and prospective electoral will be able to alter, add, modify, and verify details in their electoral roll by logging on to the NVSP portal, mobile app, and various other facilitation centers.
Each electoral will get a username and password through which he/she can also update details about their family member. These details will be further verified by the concerned Block Level Officer (BLOs)/ EROs. With this process, voter get easy access to the electoral details of their and their family members which they can authenticate and get rectified in case of any mistake.
Objectives of EVP
The main objective behind the launch of this program is to improve the condition of electoral roll in the country by removing errors & DSE and to improve the level of communication between commission and voters along with providing them better electoral services and facilities.
Check out the list of main facilities that citizens can avail under this program through NVSP and mobile app-
- Verification and correction in the existing electoral details of the citizens.
- Furnishing details and information of family members and verification of their entries too.
- Authentication of entry by providing Digi Locker copy or scanned copy of any one of the following documents-
- Indian Passport
- Driving License
- Aadhaar Card
- PAN Card
- Ration Card
- Identity card (in case of Government/Semi-Government Officials)
- Bank Passbooks
- Farmer’s Identity Card
- Smart Card issued by RGI
- Latest bill for water/ electricity/ gas/ telephone connection
- Updating details of the family members who are already enrolled but has shifted permanently or expired.
- Furnishing details of family members (born on or before 01.01.2001) who are eligible but not enrolled () and prospective voters (02.01.2002 till 01.01.2003) residing with the elector.
- Providing GIS coordinates of House (via Mobile App) in order to avail better electoral services.
- Feedback related to existing Polling stations and suggestions on alternate polling stations.
While the process of verification of details, citizens have to provide their contact details such as emails, mobiles, etc. This will help voters to stay updated about their electoral rolls such as they will get application status, voter slip, status of EPIC, etc. on their registered mobile no. and email. Electors will also get notifications and updates from EC related to polling station details, modifications on serial no., Change in ERO/BLO, etc. on time to time basis.
Electoral Verification Program in Hindi | मोबाइल पर इलेक्टर्स वेरिफिकेशन प्रोग्राम का पूरा तरीका
EVP Process through NVSP, BRO and Mobile app
All facilities under the process of verification can be availed through various options provided by the Election Commission such as online portal i.e. NVSP, CSCs, mobile application, Helpline no., etc. The process of verification through each of the available options is shared as under-
National Voter’s Service Portal (NVSP) is the common service portal for all the voters of the country by the ECI. For registration and Electoral verification through this portal, citizens have logon on it. The step-by-step guide for this process is shared below-
- Step I- Start by visiting NVSP portal- Click Here
- Step II- On the homepage of the portal, click on “Login” button as shown in the picture below-
- Step III- Now, if not registered with NVSP, click on register button as shown in the picture-
- Step IV- Registration form will open. Fill all the details such as Mobile No., captcha code. An OTP will be sent to the mobile number entered. After verifying mobile no., enter the EPIC no., email, password and click on “Register” button.
On successful registration following page will appear.
- Step V- Now, a dialog box including the username and password will appear. Enter the captcha code and click on “Login” button.
- Step VI- Users will be directed to the homepage of the portal. Click on “Electors Verification Program”.
- Step VII- Electors details will appear. Verification and authentication Status will be indicating “Not Submitted”. Click on “View Details”
- Step VIII- Now, the complete details of voter will appear. Tick the entries which are to be corrected in the first box. Enter the correct details in second and third box. Upload the photograph and proof of change of name (if any). Enter the place and date and click on “view application preview” option.
- Step IX- Preview of application will appear. Check all the entries carefully. Click on “Submit” button.
- Step X- Finally corrected details will be submitted and status will be reflected on “My Details” section.
This is how verification of details will be done through NVSP.
Family Listing & Authentication has been activated now. Follow the below procedure to add family members.
Click on the Family Listing & Authentication option as shown in the above image.
Now choose the option accordingly.
Now, enter your family member Epic Number and click on Add to Family button as shown in the image.
EVP through CSCs (Common Service Centres)
Verification of details can also be done by visiting CSCs allocated for EVP in each district of the state and UTs across the country. Voters have to visit the nearest CSC and complete the verification process. The details of CSCs listed for EVP can be availed from the state election commission website or office.
EVP through Voter Verification Center (VVC)-
Voter Verification Centres are similar specially established centers for the EVP. Citizens also have to visit these centers personally for verification.
EVP through Mobile App (Voter Helpline)-
“Voter Helpline” is mobile app that voters can use for verifying electoral details. They just have to download the app on their smartphones and have to log in. It is available on play store and app store.
EVP through Voter Helpline-
ECI has also provided a helpline by which voters can verify their details. The helpline no. is 1950.
EVP fee at CSC centers
A nominal fee will be charged from all the citizens for various facilities.
Check the CSC Rates charged for various services given in the table below-
The same information about the fee is made available at all the CSCs across the country.
To make the all the electoral services effective in the nation all the existing voters and prospective voters are advised to participate in this program. It is an important opportunity for all the citizens and voters of the country to verify and authenticate their details in their electoral Roll.
Yes, EVP holds true in all the states and UTs of India.
The duration of EVP will be from 1st September to 15th October 2019.
Each Common Service Centre (CSC) will charge a nominal fee such as for uploading a document Rs.1 will be charged, for uploading a photograph Rs.2 will be charged. The information regarding fee will be displayed on all the CSCs.
Yes, without mobile no. verification and registration process cannot be completed.
You can use passport, Aadhaar Card, ration card, driving license, identity card for government/semi-government employees, bank passbooks, farmer’s identity card, etc.
You are required to fill the respective form and for more information, you can contact at the nearest CSC or VVC.
If you have any question related to EVP voter ID details update/correction or facing any difficulty in making changes in NVSP voter ID EVP programme 2019, you can contact us below.