WBJEE 2020 Application Form, Eligibility, Exam Date, Syllabus, Pattern
WBJEE 2020: West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (WBJEE) 2020 exam will be conducted on 2nd Feb 2020. Application form has been released from 18th Oct 2019. Interested candidates can fill the application forms only through the online mode as no offline application forms will be made available.
WBJEE is a State Level entrance test conducted annually by West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board, Kolkata for admission of candidates into Engineering & Technology, Pharmacy, and architectural programs in various private/government university and colleges of West Bengal.
WBJEE 2020 Entrance Exam
In this article, we have shared information related to WBJEE 2020 exam. This information covers details about WBJEE 2020 application form, application fee, syllabus, Admit card, exam pattern, syllabus, Test centers, result etc.
WBJEE 2020 – Important Dates / Schedule
The tentative schedule for WBJEE is given below-
WBJEE 2020- Eligibility
Candidates must go through the WBJEE 2020 information bulletin for information about the eligibility criteria. Candidates should ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria before going to apply for WBJEE 2020 exam.
Here, we have shared information about WBJEE 2020 eligibility criteria-
- Applicants must be an Indian citizen.
- Lower age limit- Candidate must of 17 years of age as on 31st December 2019. A candidate should have born before or on 31st December 2002.
- Upper age limit- No upper age limit is there for the WBJEE
- However, for Marine Engineering course (Degree Level)- Lower age should be 17 years as on 31st December 2019 and upper age limit should be 25 years.
For Engineering Courses
- Candidates must have qualified 10+2 in regular mode with Mathematics and Physics along with any of Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biology / Computer Science / Computer Application as compulsory subject with individual pass marks in all the three subjects stated above from a recognized Board.
Candidates must have passed the qualifying examination with at least 45% marks (40% for SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B/PWD candidates) in all the three subjects (mentioned above) taken together.
- Candidate must have passed 10+2 with at least 30% marks in English.
For Pharmacy Courses
- Candidates must have qualified 10+2 in regular mode with Chemistry and Physics along with any of Mathematics / Biotechnology / Biology / Computer Science / Computer Application as compulsory subject with individual pass marks in all the three subjects stated above from a recognized Board.
- Candidates must have passed the qualifying examination with at least 45% marks (40% for SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B/PWD candidates) in all the three subjects (mentioned above) taken together.
- Candidate must have passed 10+2 with at least 30% marks in English.
WBJEE 2020- Application Form
- Candidates can fill WBJEE 2020 application forms only through the online mode.
- Application form is available on the official website of the university from 18th Oct 2019.
- Candidates are advised not to attempt duplicate registration.
- Candidates should upload a scanned copy of passport sized photograph and signature in the prescribed format.
- Candidates must submit the application forms within 13th Nov 2019.
- Candidates must ensure that they fill all the details correctly in the form. In case if any candidate has filled the wrong details, then he/she can make a correction in the form within the correction window period.
- Candidates must take a printout of the filled-in application form and confirmation form for future references.
- The application fee for WBJEE 2020 is Rs.500/-.
- Applicants can make payment of application fee through debit/credit card/ net banking or through Allahabad bank e-Challan.
- The application fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
The Exam Pattern for WBJEE 2020 is as follows-
- WBJEE 2020 will be an OMR-based examination (Offline mode).
There will be two papers in this exam- Paper-I (Mathematics) and Paper-II (Chemistry and Physics).
- The total duration of the exam will be 2 hours.
- Question paper will be consists of multiple Choice Questions (MCQ).
- There will be three categories of questions in each subject.
- In Category-I only one option is correct.
- In Category-II only one option is correct.
- In Category-III one or more options are correct
WBJEE 2020- Syllabus
Physical World, Measurements, Units & dimensions, Laws of Motion, Kinematics, Gravitation, Motion of centre of mass, connected systems, Friction, Viscosity, Thermodynamics, Bulk properties of matter, Kinetic theory of gases, Oscillations & Waves, Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Magnetics, Magnetic effect of current, Electromagnetic induction & alternating current, Electromagnetic waves, Optics, Particle nature of light & wave-particle dualism, Atomic physics, Nuclear physics, and Solid-state Electronics.
Atoms, Molecules and Chemical Arithmetic, Atomic Structure, Radioactivity and Nuclear Chemistry, The Periodic Table and Chemical Families, Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure, Coordination Compounds, Solid State, Liquid State, Gaseous State, Chemical Energetics and Chemical Dynamics, Ionic and Redox Equilibria, Hydrogen, Chemistry of Metals, Polymer, Surface Chemistry, Environmental Chemistry, Chemistry of Carbon Compounds, Compounds, Haloalkanes and Haloarenes, Alcohols, Aromatic Compounds, Introduction to Bio-Molecules and Principles of Qualitative Analysis.
Entrance Exam Centers
WBJEE 2020 exam is expected to be conducted in the various districts of West Bengal. Below is the district-wise list of examination zones.
- Examination centers will be allocated to the applicants on the basis of their choices.
- No request for a change in exam center will be entertained under normal circumstances.
WBJEE 2020 Admit Card
- WBJEE 2020 Admit Card will be made available for download through the online mode from 27th Jan 2019.
- Applicants have to download admit cards from the official website of the Board by using their valid login credentials.
It is compulsory for every candidate to carry the printed copy of the admit card to the exam center on the day of the exam. Without a valid admit card no candidate will be permitted to write the exam.
- Damaged, mutilated and distorted admit cards will not be accepted hence candidates are required to retain their admit cards in a safe place.
- Candidates must retain the copy of admit card till the admission procedure completes.
West Bengal WBJEE 2020 Result
WBJEE Result 2020 will be released through online mode most probably in the month of June 2020. Candidates can check the result on the official website of the university by using valid application number and password provided at the time of application.
In case of any issue or problem related to WBJEE 2020, candidates can contact the responsible authority at the address given below-
Controller of ExaminationsWest Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations BoardAQ-13/1, Sector V,Salt Lake CityKolkata 700091Examination Helpdesk:-1800-1023-781