West Bengal Scholarship 2020-21 Status WB Scholarship Application Form
West Bengal Scholarship 2020-21 Status: The West Bengal government has recently announced for providing the students of West Bengal a good amount of scholarship for their higher studies.
Moreover, these scholarship programs are only for the students who are the local resident of West Bengal and want to continue with their higher education in West Bengal itself.
West Bengal Scholarship 2020-21
Such kind of programs by the government initiates and encourage the students to keep continue their studies and especially to those bright students who are not capable to study in institutes like IIT, IISER, NIT and many more.
Official Website- Click Here
Registration, Eligibility, Last Date To Apply, Application Form
Firstly, West Bengal Scholarship is only applied for the students who carry the domicile of West Bengal. The scheme basically focuses on the underprivileged students of the state. These all scholarships are run and governed by the government of West Bengal and its subsidiary departments. Five such scholarships have been announced with all having different scholarship amounts, procedures, application, and submission dates, etc.
Through the means of these scholarships students also get the opportunity to study in some of the reputed institutes of West Bengal like IIM Kolkata, IIT Kharagpur, IISER Kolkata, and NIT Durgapur.
List of Scholarship in West Bengal
The listed scholarships are;
1. Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship Minorities.
2. Bigyani Kanya Medha Britti Scholarship.
3. West Bengal Post Matric Scholarship SC/ST/OBC
4. Wes Bengal Pre Matric Scholarship SC/ST students.
5. Hindi Scholarship Scheme, West Bengal.
West Bengal Scholarship Registration
Before applying for the scholarship the student must go through all the eligibility criteria. the eligibility conditions are different for each of the scholarship program. registration dates and formats are also different. the students can complete the registration procedure through the online portal.
The registration must be completed before the last date of submission.
The eligibility criteria for all programs are different. But the most important and common one in all of them is that he or she must have the domicile certificate of west Bengal.
Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship Minorities (SVMCM)
This scholarship is the most popular one, merit cum means based scholarship for the students of West Bengal. This scholarship involves a monthly of rupees 8000 (eight thousand rupees) to the selected scholarship candidates. This amount is being provided by the government of West Bengal. The candidates have to apply between July to September 2020.
1. Must be a resident of West Bengal.
2. The applicant must have scored minimum 75% marks in class 10th.
3. The applicant must have scored minimum 75% marks in class 12th.
4. The candidate must have a minimum 55% marks in their graduation (engineering)
5. If the candidate is at P.G. level then 53% marks minimum required.
6. The annual income of the family should not exceed 2.5 lacs.
Bigyani Kanya Medha Britti Scholarship
This scholarship has been offered by the Jagadis Bose National Science Talent Search (JBNSTS), Kolkata.
This is a every year plan where students can apply between May to July. The Bigyani Kanya Medha Briti Scholarship is only applicable to the GIRL students. This scholarship is applicable for all girls currently pursuing an under graduation in engineering/science/medicine.
Also Check: UP Scholarship Status 2019-20
The aim of this scholarship is to empower women, promote education rights and conserve their talent.
The selected candidates will get a monthly of rupees 3000 scholarship amount.
1. The candidate must have the domicile of West Bengal, who are belonging from SC/ST/OBC category.
2. Students studying in 10th, 12th, graduation or postgraduation level are only eligible for this scholarship program.
3. The annual family income should not exceed 2.5 lacs. (for SC and ST)
4. The annual income for OBC families should not exceed 1 lac.
West Bengal Pre Matric Scholarship For SC/ST Students
The students can apply for this scholarship program between the month of October to December, only through the backward classes welfare department, west Bengal. This scholarship is only applicable for the students belonging from SC or ST category. Students currently in class 9th and 10th are applicable. The selected candidates will get a monthly Rs. 150/- to Rs. 750/- and an additional Adhoc grant of Rs. 1000/- yearly.
1. The candidate must have a domicile certificate of west Bengal
2. The annual income of the family must not exceed 2 lacs.
3. The student must be studying in class 9th or 10th.
West Bengal Post Matic Scholarship SC/ST/OBC
Candidates can apply for this scholarship between the month of September to November 2019. This scholarship is also being provided by the Backward Classes Welfare Department, West Bengal. This scholarship is valid for the students who have completed their matriculation or post-secondary level. The student must belong from the SC /ST/OBC category.
The selected candidates will receive a monthly of rupees 160/- to rupees 1200/- as the scholarship amount.
1. Firstly, the candidate must have the domicile of West Bengal.
2. The applicant must be in 11th,12th, graduation or postgraduation level.
3. The family income of the candidate (sc/st) must be between 2 to 2.5 lacs.
4. The annual income of the OBC candidate’s family must be less than 1 lac.
Hindi Scholarship Scheme, West Bengal
The application time for the Hindi Scholarship scheme is between October to December 2020. This scholarship scheme is conducted by the department of higher education, science and technology, and biotechnology .this scholarship scheme can be applied offline as well. The main aim of this scholarship is to encourage the Hindi language in the Non-Hindi speaking states like West Bengal.
This scheme involves financial security for higher studies which is applicable till the research level as well. All the students who have completed their matriculation, graduation or postgraduation can apply for this.
The selected candidates receive a scholarship amount between 3000/- to 10000/- every month, from the government of West Bengal.
1. The student or candidate who wish to apply must be a resident of West Bengal, ie, must carry a domicile certificate.
2. The candidate must have secured 60 percent or more in their previous qualifying course.
3. Hindi must be one of the compulsory subjects.
4. The candidate should belong from a non-Hindi speaking state.
How to apply for West Bengal Scholarship 2020-21
Once the candidates clearly pass on the eligibility conditions, they can apply through the online website. Except for the Hindi scholarship, the application must be filled and submitted before the last mentioned dates.
Step by step details for registration is given below;
Step 1: Open the official site.
Step 2: Click on the registration option.
Step 3: Choose the registration category.
Step 4: The registration form will appear on the screen.
Step 5: Fill the form by providing all the required details.
Step6: Then click on register.
Step 7: After the applicant will get a password and application id.
Step 8: Download the registration slip
Step 9: Now, go to the home page and fill the applicant login details along with the password provided and captcha code.
Step 10: Click on the login
Step 11: Fill all the necessary details, upload scanned images of photograph and signature of the respective candidate.
Step 12: Save and continue
Step 13: Personal details form will appear, fill the details and upload the documents asked for.
Step 14: Click on the submit button.